Gravity sheetmusic scan + recording

Lyrics, tablature and sheetmusic of Maaya's songs... and all that is related.
Therax

Gravity sheetmusic scan + recording

Post by Therax »

Here's Gravity!

Note that as far as I know this book is still available. Go to your local bookstore and special order it by ISBN: 477322097X. Even better if it's a Japanese bookstore.

It is also listed as available on YesAsia.com:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/p ... ion-books/

I am working on scanning the rest of the book; so far I'm done with all of Nikopatch, and I'm slowly making my way through Hotchpotch. The eventual goal is to make a PDF version available against the inevitable time when the book itself is out-of-print and no longer available.

For those interested in playing this piece, here is a translation of the arranger's notes:
  • Ending theme from TV anime "Wolf's Rain."
  • The four measures of the introduction should be played with a gentle touch, evoking the image of a quiet orchestra performance.
  • The repeated quarter-notes that appear in the fifth measure form the heart of the piece, so try to play them with a sure and stable tempo. In particular, where these quarter-notes are divided between the left and right hands, beginning at the top of the second page, put effort into arranging the timing.
  • Use plenty of pedal in the four measures that form the bottom bar of page 3, building a rolling echo.
  • Build to forte starting in the last measure of the first bar of page 4. Then at the end of the third bar, take a breath before quietly proceeding into bar 4, and proceed to play the ending gently and calmly.
For those interested in hearing the quality of the arrangement, and the lack of quality of my playing, here's a recording for you, too:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~orion/musi ... 050506.mp3

Don't mind any clicks or hums; that's the best I can do with the microphone built into my laptop. Also don't mind my mistakes if you hear them; this is the best take I had. I'm willing to rerecord on request.
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Nice play ^n_n^
... i was half expecting 'someone' to start singin X3

So did you get this at a bookstore or plain yesasia? :O
As of recently i have seen more scores than before.

I am earning up to go to the Maaya expo... err... anime expo; so it will be a while before i could buy it, but in contrast, i find your pdf proyect a good idea.

PS. Would you receive other requests?
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Therax

Post by Therax »

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]So did you get this at a bookstore or plain yesasia? :O[/quote]
I bought mine from Kinokuniya. Their homepage with online shopping (Japanese-only) is here <http://www.kinokuniya.com>, but I just called up the San Francisco store (listing here <http://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/english/con ... ork04.html>) and placed my order by ISBN with a human being there. I think they'll ship internationally, too.

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]As of recently i have seen more scores than before.[/quote]
Do you know of any others? I know dillpops uploaded some quick scans from the same book for Yoake no Octave. Does anyone have scans from the Voice Actor Song File that was released in 2000? That one's been out-of-print forever.

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]I am earning up to go to the Maaya expo... err... anime expo; so it will be a while before i could buy it, but in contrast, i find your pdf proyect a good idea.[/quote]
I'll be there at AX, with my CDs in hand for autographs and a bunch of my friends. We should meet up. :D

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]PS. Would you receive other requests?[/quote]
Sure. What would you like to hear? I'm currently working on Danielle and Kimidori. Tune the Rainbow is another I'd like to do, but it's a very difficult arrangement.
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

hi!! I loved it!!!! :D You play really well ^_^
I wish I could play the piano :'( I play the violin a little, so I'm always searching for sheet music but usually they are for piano, so I don't have much luck hehehe ^_^

I would love to hear more of you playing Maaya's songs ^_^
Congrats and thank U ^_^
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="Therax"]
Do you know of any others? I know dillpops uploaded some quick scans from the same book for Yoake no Octave. Does anyone have scans from the Voice Actor Song File that was released in 2000? That one's been out-of-print forever.
[/quote]

There are some bookstores that sell used books in Japan. I once tried to buy Mikan Enikki there, but i had to use the money on something else. I have yet to find it, but its still a good web shop ^^u
<a href="http://www.japan-manga.jp/index.jsp">Japan Bookmart</a>

[quote="Therax"]
I'll be there at AX, with my CDs in hand for autographs and a bunch of my friends. We should meet up. :D
[/quote]

Sounds good!.... im thinking of making a stiker of the forum logo, and put it over the maaya expo tag so just in case we crash to someone else, they would know :3

[quote="Therax"]
Sure. What would you like to hear? I'm currently working on Danielle and Kimidori. Tune the Rainbow is another I'd like to do, but it's a very difficult arrangement.
[/quote]

There are many good songs, but i don't want to pressure! ... Danielle is one of my favorites... tough Kimidori has a great tune.... hmm... decisions.... KIMIDORI!... no... YEs....hmm... just make one you feel confident about!... and maybe you could offer some piano playing tipos ; )
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Sora

Post by Sora »

It was really GREAT Therax ! \(^o^)/
(I wish I could play piano too... -_-)

Can't wait to hear more ! ^___^
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
mood

Post by mood »

the song sounds beautiful. but you should pracise and rerecord it after a while when you can play it "perfectly". then i'll like it better than the original :)
Certe

Post by Certe »

well, it's been a while that someone has posted a reply^^'

yes, your piano version just sounds great, Therax! I think you've played very well! :D
gravity is my favourite song of maaya, so I really like the original and your version.
although I'm listening to gravity very often, this song never loses anything of its beauty.

I also wish I could play the piano. ^^
my currently favourite Maaya-song: Pilot

*(I'm very sorry for not visiting this forum so much^^')*
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i wish i could really attend a full course of classic guitar,, ive been dreaming of playing maaya's songs together with a pianist. that must be like drug.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.