Honey Come translation

Lyrics, tablature and sheetmusic of Maaya's songs... and all that is related.
frecklegirl

Honey Come translation

Post by frecklegirl »

Hello everyone! I decided, since roxfan already posted kanji and romanization of the song Honey Come, I'd go ahead and do a translation. I know the group is pretty divided on whether or not they like this song but I figured everyone would like to know what she's singing about regardless. I'm a second-year Japanese student and I've been translating songs for a while, so I have some experience, but if you see any errors or things you think could be phrased better, please don't hesitate to (politely!) let me know :)

And a note about the song title, I have thought it over, and despite the many different romanizations that have popped up (Honey Come, Honey Comes, Honeycomb), Honeycomb just makes the most sense. I mean, Honey Come(s)? That has no meaning. Honeycomb, on the other hand, does. I am friends with a native Japanese speaker and I plan to ask her how she would romanize the katakana, but nevertheless, I am pretty sure that we should all make 'Honeycomb' the standard. Spread the word?
[Edit: Hmm, after thinking it over AGAIN, it may be Honey Come, because of the break in the word, and the fact that 'Honeycomb' written in katakana doesn't have that break. Agh! Stupid Engrish! Anyway, I'm changing my translation to say Honey Come for now.]

Also, in case you were wondering, the song's title seems to be a play on the Japanese word 'hanikamu', meaning bashful, which is mentioned in the song. Hee, it's cute.

Again, thanks to roxfan for the kanji and romanji! I did have one question for you, though. There is one word that is romanized as 'omoikkiri' and transcribed '思いっきり' -- are you sure that is the correct transcription? Were you working from the original lyrics sheet? Just because, I could not find a translation of 'omoikkiri' anywhere, but 'omoikiri' (思い切り) does have a relevant meaning. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if there is indeed an error with that. :)

Also, I'm a fairly new member but a longtime Maaya fan (who recently saw her in concert at Animefest last month, yay!), so I hope to get to know everyone here better!

Honey Come
Maaya Sakamoto
Yuunagi Loop

kimi wa boku no te wo nigirishimeta ima made mo zutto sou datta you ni
azayaka na teguchi ni damasarete miyou ka na? ima no kibun shinjite

You reached for my hand as if you had been holding onto it all along
Such an impressive method to try and fool me, wasn’t it? Pretending like nothing changed

(harewataru sora) tooku ni nobiru hikoukigumo
(fukinukeru kaze) koi no hajimari no yokan

(the sky clearing up) An airplane’s trail through the clouds stretching away into the distance
(the wind blowing through) A premonition that love is about to begin

nozoita yokogao ga jitsu wa terekusasou ni
hanikamu sono hyoujou ga itoshikute
otoko no hito wa tabun omoikkiri uso wo tsuite
onna no ko ni ai wo tsutaeru kokoro wo kakushikirezu ni

I’m embarrassed, but to tell the truth, your face looked so
bashful, with such an adorable expression
A boy probably gets completely caught up in lies
in order to hide a heart that is full of love for a girl

kimi wa boku no te wo hanasanaide komiau machi wo surinuketeyuku
odayaka na hizashi ni tsutsumarete kore kara mo narabi aruiteitai

You don’t let go of my hand as we slip through the crowded street
I could be wrapped up in this calm glow; I just want to keep walking in a straight line from here

(kaiwa ga todae) chinmoku ga fui ni otozureru
(tsugi no kotoba wo) awatete sagashiteru futari

(the conversation stops) Silence suddenly takes over
(what to say next) Both of us are flustered, searching for words

nanimo iwanaide ite “suki” to kuchi ni shinaide
jikan wo tomeru no ga kokochiyoi ne
otoko no hito wa tabun tanomoshii eki wo enjite
onna no ko ni miyabureteru koboreteshimau shinjitsu

Not saying anything, not mentioning “love”
Beginning to feel like it would be good for time to stop
A boy probably plays the part of the reliable one
in order to keep from being seen through and letting the truth spill out to a girl

otona no furisuru you na mujaki na mama ni you na
kimochi tashikameru you na aimai na mama te wo tsunaideiru tsuyoku

It seems we’re shaking like adults, it seems we’re behaving in such an innocent way
It seems my feelings are verified with the vague way our hands connected; strong

nozoita yokogao ga jitsu wa terekusasou ni
hanikamu sono hyoujou ga itoshikute
otoko no hito wa tabun omoikkiri jitabata shite
onna no ko ni ai wo tsutaeru kokoro wo kakushikirezu ni

I’m embarrassed, but to tell the truth, your face looked so
bashful, with such an adorable expression
A boy probably gets completely caught up in lies
in order to hide a heart that is full of love for a girl
drhaibane

Post by drhaibane »

I am in LOVE with this song! Thank you soo much frecklegirl for the translation. It makes me love the song even more.

Arigatou! :maaya:
roxfan

Re: Honeycomb translation

Post by roxfan »

frecklegirl wrote: Again, thanks to roxfan for the kanji and romanji! I did have one question for you, though. There is one word that is romanized as 'omoikkiri' and transcribed '思いっきり' -- are you sure that is the correct transcription? Were you working from the original lyrics sheet? Just because, I could not find a translation of 'omoikkiri' anywhere, but 'omoikiri' (思い切り) does have a relevant meaning. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if there is indeed an error with that. :)
It's romaji or roomaji (ローマ字), not romanji :)
And doubling consonants to add expression is a common practice. Here's an entry from Kenkyusha's big J-E 5th ed.:
おもいっきり【思いっ切り】
=おもいきり 2.
Here's the lyrics I transcibed from (it came with the song file I bought): http://users.skynet.be/roxfan/maaya/honeycomb.PNG. I've checked it a few times so I hope there's no mistakes.
frecklegirl

Re: Honeycomb translation

Post by frecklegirl »

And doubling consonants to add expression is a common practice. Here's an entry from Kenkyusha's big J-E 5th ed.:
おもいっきり【思いっ切り】
=おもいきり 2.
Here's the lyrics I transcibed from (it came with the song file I bought): http://users.skynet.be/roxfan/maaya/honeycomb.PNG. I've checked it a few times so I hope there's no mistakes.
Ahh, so it is. Then I guess the real word is still 'omoikiri', just with a consonant added for emphasis in this case. That's good, I don't have to change my translation. Yay!

So you did buy the sound file? Wow! I thought for sure it had been leaked. That's amazing! Thank you! You know every Maaya fan listening to that song is listening to the sound file YOU shared... that's so cool!

And oh yes, romaji, right. I've just gotten so used to writing romanji, plus it makes more sense in my head, that I often forget *laughs*
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Ahhh thanks for the translation. (could I steal it for my site? full credit as always will be given...please?) yay!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Ooooh the lyrics are so cute :oops: Now I love this song much better thank you !!!
and can I u se the lyrics too :D I have a french site and I do french translation with english translation. Can I have your permission ? :3
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"]Ahhh thanks for the translation. (could I steal it for my site? full credit as always will be given...please?) yay![/quote]

Yes, of course :) Just credit frecklegirl and link back to my site (link found in my info). Where is your site, btw?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Megumi"]Ooooh the lyrics are so cute :oops: Now I love this song much better thank you !!!
and can I u se the lyrics too :D I have a french site and I do french translation with english translation. Can I have your permission ? :3[/quote]

Bien sur :D Just credit 'frecklegirl' and link back to my site (link found in my info). What's your site's URL? Je veux aussi lire le francais :)
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Our site are in our info too ^^
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Megumi"]Our site are in our info too ^^[/quote]

Yeah, I just saw that!! *feels stupid* ah well... >.>
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

No problem :wink:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="frecklegirl"][quote="dillpops"]Ahhh thanks for the translation. (could I steal it for my site? full credit as always will be given...please?) yay![/quote]

Yes, of course :) Just credit frecklegirl and link back to my site (link found in my info). Where is your site, btw?[/quote]

Ahhh I get that alot :lol:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dillpops

Unfortunately I can't update the damn page until tomorrow or thursday as my university internet is broken again :cry:
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

dillpops, your site is amazing! I really like it. On the liner notes you've posted for some of the albums, where did you get them? Are they on her site like they are for Yuunagi Loop right now? I found a few on the 'Lucy' album insert and was wondering if you'd be interested in posting the translation I did of those as well--I'm just wondering if they're also on her site. Hmm.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

:oops: thanks for the compliments ^^ I work hard on it. The translations of linear notes were on the Makiba! Alice mini-site. It was temporary like the Yuunagi Loop website is temporary. They were for promotion. But I asked random people to translate them for me. I don't have the original.

Arrrgh! I would love the Lucy notes ^^ *glomp* it's nice people like you who help Maaya fans across the globe!!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="dillpops"]
Arrrgh! I would love the Lucy notes ^^ *glomp* it's nice people like you who help Maaya fans across the globe!![/quote]
From http://web.archive.org/web/200104171125 ... sson4.html

Lucy
I am me, you are you.
We're totally different, separate persons.
But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

マメシバ/Mameshiba
If someone is calling my name,
if I can keep calling someone's name,
I feel like I can go to the ends of the earth.

ストロボの空/Flashing sky
Light, an instant of continuity. Sound, a collection of vibrations.
Soon, it covers everything, resounding everywhere.
One day, I will help the Earth move.
[this one was kinda vague, so I took some liberties]

アルカロイド/Alkaloid
I am falling for him.

紅茶/A cup of tea
Back then, I thought tenderly of you.
Since then, I've known tenderness once more.
[not too sure about this one]

木登りと赤いスカート/Climbing trees and a red skirt
We are like carrot and beans, always together. When we grow up, let's still be carrot and beans.

Life is good
Baseless self-confidence. That alone is a weapon.

Honey bunny
There is love.
All that's left is money, time and power!

Tシャツ/T-shirt
Am I able to love someone that much just because I am weak?

空気と星/Air and stars
The place you go to, what is it like?
Can't we go together?

Rule~色褪せない日々/Rule ~ colorful days
Looking back and looking up are similar things.

私は丘の上から花瓶を投げる/I throw a vase from the hill
I want to feel this wind to the full, since I'll start walking very soon.

P.S. Yeah, feel free to put this anywhere as long as you credit it properly.

[edit 1: rearranged songs in album order]