Triangler lyrics & translation

Lyrics, tablature and sheetmusic of Maaya's songs... and all that is related.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

If someone is silly enough to do that, what can I do? It's a hazard of the Internet. I think it's up to the individual to verify whatever information they come across online (or anywhere), since there's no grand Internet editor watching over everything. Misinformation is a sad fact of the world. There are trustworthy sites out there that make up for the crappy ones (and you can usually tell whether a site is reliable or not). I haven't misrepresented my attempt at figuring out the correct lyrics (and neither has anyone else in this thread), so I still don't see how it's going to cause any great harm. And even sites working from the official lyrics post poor translations.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Anyone cross an unofficial English translated lyrics for Triangular? Yet? post it (the link) here, I want to read it. I can understand what she's singing, but just for the sheer credits for those whom have done their homework for the community. /gg

Sharing is caring.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I agree with harmonium, Frecklegirl chill out about lyrics translations posted on Maayas - fans will be fans. The lyrics will be corrected when they come out but for now let's just have fun, as harmonium said :lol: you gotta stop jumping on these threads, Miss Master of Japanese XD at least give people a little more credit at being able to realise that these aren't official yet from all the banter in the thread at working them out :P

Although I understand that most people on the interwebs do have an average IQ of a potato peeler.

As for the lyrics posted up, did you check 2ch yet? They're usually quite good for transliterating. I can't ever seem to navigate 2ch though - it's so complicated, where there heck is everything.

This english parts, I must be the only person who thinks 'trust it will be a triangle' because that sounds totally wrong :evil:
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

can't everyone just be patient and wait for the real lyrics to come out in the single's lyrics booklet?
Don't know about other people, but that's why I haven't tried a translation yet.

Trying to figure out the lyrics before they come out is like a game to me. It's also a great way to keep one's listening skills in check. I usually keep my transcriptions to myself, but I came here for a discussion since I was having trouble making out more words than I usually do.

Like everyone else has said, it's not my/our fault if someone goes and posts the lyrics elsewhere without verifying their accuracy. I think we've been pretty clear in this thread that we're still trying to figure out all the words, and there's always the option of directly contacting the poster for more info.

Nothing on the 'net should be taken at face value anyways. Case in point, Sailor Bacon, one of the founding members of Animelyrics.com would always slip in one error in his transliterations on purpose. See his transliteration of Sakamoto's "Kodoku" for what I mean.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

*shrugs* I'm not lobbying for everyone to do things my way, just lamenting that it has to be this way and putting my 2 cents out there. No need to tell me to chill, I'm not going to take this to the streets or anything. Just pointing out my opinion...
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Your initial post was somewhat strong, that's all. I think if we tempered all fan conversations on the concern that someone may come across it and mistake it as fact, we wouldn't have the majority of discussions on fan forums currently. 90% (if not more) of online fan conversations are speculation.

@dillpops: I did check 2chan. What I have posted it what most of them and myself agree on. There are still a couple parts even native Japanese have trouble with (particularly the bit after 'ma ni ukeru no wa'; there are a whole bunch of different guess as to what it is, but they all start with 'waratte ru'.) And yeah, 2chan is an utter pain to navigate. ><
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

A scan of the lyrics is out. I wrote down the lyrics and Romanised them. I'll do a translation if no one else does it, but I think frecklegirl will take this one up. :)

Kanji

君は誰とキスをする
わたし それともあの娘(こ)
君は誰とキスをする
星を巡るよ 純情

弱虫泣き虫連れて
まだ行くんだと思う わたし
愛するより求めるより
疑うほうがずっとたやすい自分が悔しい

痛いよ
味方だけど愛してないとか
守るけど側にいれないとか
苦い二律背反
今すぐ タッチミー
運命ならばつながせて

君は誰とキスをする
わたし それともあの娘(こ)
こころ揺らす言葉より
無責任に抱いて 限界

妄想を裁くオキテ
うしろから蹴り上げたら
むき出しの恋によろけた
呼吸だけで精一杯
むかえに来て おぼれてるから

痛いよ
前向きな嘘 真に受けるのは
笑ってる声せがめないから
未来もてあました
今すぐ hold me
理性なんて押し倒して

君は誰とキスをする
わたし それともあの娘(こ)
涙まるで役立たず
星を駆けるよ 純情

キミは誰とキスをする

君は誰とキスをする
わたし それともあの娘(こ)
たったひとつ命をタテに
いまふりかざす 感傷

Romaji

kimi wa dare to kisu wo suru
watashi soretomo ano ko
hoshi wo meguru yo junjou

yowamushi nakimushi tsurete
mada iku n da to omou watashi
ai suru yori motomeru yori
utagau hou ga zutto tayasui jibun ga kuyashii

itai yo
mikata dakedo ai shite nai toka
mamoru kedo soba ni irenai toka
nigai niritsuhaihan
imasugu tacchi mii
unmei naraba tsunagasete

watashi soretomo ano ko
kokoro yurasu kotoba yori
musekinin ni daite genkai

mousou wo sabaku okite
ushiro kara keriagetara
mukidashi no koi ni yoroketa
kokyuu dake de seiippai
mukae ni kite oborete ru kara

itai yo
maemukina uso ma ni ukeru no wa
waratte ru koe segamenai kara
mirai moteamashita
imasugu hold me
risei nante oshitaoshite

watashi soretomo ano ko
namida maru de yaku tatazu
hoshi wo kakeru yo junjou

watashi soretomo ano ko
tatta hitotsu inochi wo tate ni
ima furikazasu kanshou

------

As for 'Kotomichi', should we put those lyrics here too, or should we make a separate topic for that track?
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Seperate topic :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Yep, generally a good idea to keep it as one song / one thread, so go ahead and open a new thread unless someone else does it first :)
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Translations Miao! :D
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

yayy I finished my translation. May I just say, I LOVE these lyrics. They are so heartfelt and moving. "Come get me, because I'm drowning" is maybe my favorite line. A girl's pure heart indeed!!

Triangular/Triangler
Who are you kissing?
Me or that girl?
Who are you kissing?
My pure heart will go round the stars

As a coward, and a crybaby,
I’m still thinking I’ll go
More than loving, more than wanting,
doubting is always what frustrates my simple self

It hurts
How you’re my friend but don’t love me,
how you’ll protect me but won’t be with me
It’s a bitter antinomy
Touch me right away
If this is fate, then let us be connected

Who are you kissing?
Me or that girl?
More than the words that rock my heart,
it’s the limitations irresponsibility holds

A law that judges delusions
When it hit me from behind,
I stumbled upon openhearted love
Just by breathing with all your might,
come get me, because I’m drowning

It hurts
That I believe the lies you say to my face
Because I can’t beg your laughing voice
The future is too much for me
Hold me right away
Pushing down anything like reason

Who are you kissing?
Me or that girl?
Tears are quite useless
My pure heart will soar up to the stars

Who are you kissing?

Who are you kissing?
Me or that girl?
My sentimentality is now
brandishing upright just one life

My sentimentality is now
brandishing upright just one life
so yeah, you can see the love triangle pretty clearly; too bad the boy in question doesn't seem to feel the same about the speaker. Maybe anyone who's seen the series can illuminate who exactly the people in this love triangle are (although according to dilly, it's "boring" XD).
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

which bring the question if these song has a relation with maaya's life or just referring to the anime series?? is it really just about the relations between a man and two woman??

freckle, if you do read this pls check ur pm!
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

lol XD
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The song isn't by Maaya anyway so I doubt it has anything to do with her.
It will be the love triangle between Alto, Ranka and Sheryl. I can't say from whose point of view, at the moment it could be from either girl. But I'm firmly in the Ranka camp.
Just watch the show, ep4 is out as a raw video. You'll be able to figure it out by watching. The fight scenes are pretty insanely good but the character plot hasn't kicked in really.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Kirei, go watch Macross 7 @ tokyotosho.com