Maaya Live - With Seatbelts, July 7, 2009

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
mike_s_6

Maaya Live - With Seatbelts, July 7, 2009

Post by mike_s_6 »

Of course who didn't see this coming, it's a Kanno concert on a grander scale than that which happened in Korea, of course Maaya would be in it!!!

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Information/A008451.html

Other performers include May’n, Megumi Nakajima, Origa, Scott Matthew, and Mai Yamane. I was hoping they'd also put Steve Conte and AKINO in there, but anyway, I'm happy about the list... if only I could go there myself :cry:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Still, it's a pretty extensive list - who's to say they might not turn up eventually!!
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

I won't hold my hope up for Steve, he's an import and he might be busy too... but I'm hoping for AKINO since she sang that anthemic Kanno song. If May'n has the "Mottekke!!!", she's the one with the "A-i-shi-te-ruuuu!!!" :P

EDIT: Oh scrap that thought about Steve. They're importing the Warsaw Philharmonic, so why not him :P
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

If they are flying Scott Matthew over they really should be bringing Steve since he has done more stuff with Kanno. And strange there was no mention of AKINO. And no Illaria :cry:

Getting a ticket for this is going to be insane. The scalpers will have a field day.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Well they did say that the total number of performers is more than 150 people... I wonder if there's a possibility that they would add more performers XD

And if Steve is there, he and Maaya can do a duet right ;)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

They did include that track on the CD so maybe it's a hint? :P
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

My god 77 bucks is so worth it for that concert... If only I was in japan now... :( It looks to be so epic...

and who is "that person" under performers? talking about yoko or something? She is already listed under conductor, piano, and keyboards....
シートベルツ are drums佐野康夫、bass バカボン鈴木、guitar 今堀恒雄、
percussion MATARO、synthesizer manipulation : 坂元俊介
horns シートベルツホーンズ featuring 本田雅人
violin 篠崎正嗣、cello 堀沢正巳
orchestra :ワルシャワ国立フィルハーモニー管弦楽団
conductor, piano, keyboards 菅野よう子

May’n(シェリル・ノーム/マクロスF)、中島愛(ランカ・リー/マクロスF)、
坂本真綾、ORIGA (ex攻殻機動隊 S.A.C.)、Scott Matthew (ex攻殻機動隊 S.A.C.)、
山根麻以(COWBOY BEBOP)

そして あの人も…
Will this be a live dvd or two? I'd love to get my dirty mitts on this live... its surely going to be a great night! The seatbelts rock my metaphorical socks!

Plus that Space bio charge is a great way to start my yoko collection... Little expensive, but it looks too awesome.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="jigenbakuda"]
Plus that Space bio charge is a great way to start my yoko collection... Little expensive, but it looks too awesome.[/quote]
The complication album is slightly more expensive than the typical Japanese cd album / soundtrack, but it's got 3 times the content. It's great way to start one's Kanno collection and a totally worth the money IMO.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

If they don't create a DVD of this...!!! It's a great way to reach out to the fans who could not make it. We never had one for the Korea performance!

I'm buying the bio charge one because I only relatively recently started to purchase import CDs :P
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="mike_s_6"]And if Steve is there, he and Maaya can do a duet right ;) [/quote]

(Rant mode on) NOOOOOOOoooo! Hands off her Steve! (Rant mode off)

You really know how to wind a person up Mike :wink:
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Ahahahaha :D
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God
AaaahAAaaAAaAAAAaAAah I CAN GO TO THE CONCERT !!!!
Like I've said I'm going to Japan in July but didn't know my departure's day, so If I find a ticket on yahoo auctions I'll go to see Maaya live, even if she doesn't sing a lot of song...
I'm going to cry T_T
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Aw man T_T that's so lucky!! Everyone's seeing Maaya before meeee. But still, amazing if we can get people to go and give reports ^^V
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Wow!!! Do so!!! That'd be great! Hope you don't have a problem getting tickets!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Ok I'll go and give a big report ^^