More major voicing roles for Maaya in 2009

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
roxfan

More major voicing roles for Maaya in 2009

Post by roxfan »

We already know that Maaya will play Lightning in FFXIII, but there's more work for her this year:
1) Maaya will voice a new character in the second Evangelion remake movie, named Makinami Mari Illustrious.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... a/2.0-film
meganekko!
2) TYPE-MOON will release a new Melty Blood game named Actress Again for PS2, and it will feature Ryogi Shiki character from Kara no Kyokai novels and movies.
http://e56.info/mbaaps2/ (last one in character list)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

First in Macross, now in Eva? Awesome :D Thanks roxfan!
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]First in Macross, now in Eva? Awesome :D Thanks roxfan![/quote]
Macross as in Macross F? She really didn't have much of a voice part in in that show, I think she said a whole 3 lines. :P

However Lightniing in FFXII is a pretty high profile role. A lot of people are pretty hyped about her Eva character as well. However, I'm more interested to see what type of character she plays in the upcoming Canaan anime.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

This is bad, now I have to watch Eva. :P
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

.. what kinda character would maaya bring in eva?.. i wonder...
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

You'll just have to wait until June 27 to find out...
All glory to the hypnotoad!

RaveD's YouTube channel
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Click on "meganekko" in first post and see ;p
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Whoa Japanese fan artists work very fast:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/index?ta ... llustrious (Warning: NSFW ads and a few pictures).

Tenson Edit: I edited the URL, it had a typo [/size]
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

IM SOOO excited for Maaya's Lightning...its one of the most anticipated games rite now!!! omg omg omg omg!! i love final fantasy <3
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Its good they got Megumi, Megumi and Kotono out of storage to provide the voices of Shinji, Rei and Misato. I wonder if Maaya felt awed when working with seiyuu royalty.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Its good they got Megumi, Megumi and Kotono out of storage to provide the voices of Shinji, Rei and Misato. I wonder if Maaya felt awed when working with seiyuu royalty.[/quote]
Considering Maaya has been doing voice acting for about 16 years, she's practically seiyuu royalty herself. XD
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Well, good point but from an unbiased point of view I would find it hard to say that Maaya has attained the popularity of those three actresses at their peak, especially Hayashibara.

I guess I have a soft spot for Hayashibara and Mitsuishi characters. Wandering off a little here but I hope Misato doesn't die in Rebuild of Eva, Kotono always said she wanted Misato to live.

Of course Maaya can out-sing all of them even if she was bound and gagged.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Weren't the 1990's the era of seiyuu idols though? I figured that they weren't so...well, HUGE now ^^; could be wrong though. I'd say Maaya's gained a lot of popularity since this time last year. If you were to say she'd have a hall tour, DVD, album, two singles including one that sold over 50,000 copies before the a year is up I'd have laughed at you. Probably.

Amazing what a good tie-up can do, Namie Amuro did the same thing in a way with 'Baby Don't Cry'...but obviously that's a bit different ^^;
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I'm really starting to show my age here... :P

@Dilly, yeah they aren't big now and even then I would class them as "pro's" not "idols". Actually I thought those three retired from CV ages ago. Of that group of CV's I think only Inoue Kikuko is still doing regular roles thats why I was glad to see them even if it is in Rebuild of Eva.
To me they were the best CV's in the 90s although their singing ability is debatable. Thats why I said that on the basis of singing ability they can't rival Maaya. Maaya's roles recently have been pretty good (LOVE Shiki) but Hayashibara as Lime and Mitsuishi as Excel just bring back great memories.
jonatan2

Post by jonatan2 »

DON´T FORGET SHE IS TOMOYO-HIME IN THE OAD´S OF TSUBASA SHUNRAIKI!!!!!