Album front cover scans

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Merri
Posting Freak

Album front cover scans

Post by Merri »

For special purposes I need higher-than-web quality scans of album front cases and the discs. I can search for some of myself and do some scans, but it would help if someone already knows where to find these or has some extra spare time to do some searching for me.

All other I can say is: this is for the site.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Lene

Post by Lene »

I know THIS has older scans. The qualities are great, but the pixel sizes are quite small. Not sure if this is much help but if they are useful, I'm sure crediting or a way to contact the site owner to use her scans should be fine.

A while back, a fellow LiveJournal user at the Maaya Sakamoto community helped post Kazeyomi album scans from jpopsuki when I had requested for it. I still have the scans and they're roughly 3800x2000px in size. And I found some Magic Number scans.
Some examples:
Kazeyomi
Magic Number

If those are fine, I can post what I have.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I'm looking to reduce the size to roughly 600 pixels, so anything that looks "perfect" on that size is a goal. Thus achieve a size that is largish for web, but still too small for printing.

This is the biggest I've found for Grapefruit: http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7209 ... uitlp0.jpg
Source: http://japanforum.forumcommunity.net/?t=4127931

I may change the target size though or simply use a variable size... will see how these ideas go.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Check out YOKIA. Doesn't seem to have Maaya albums but has some OSTs.
#F!

Post by #F! »

I have all albums, the two singles collections (american versions), and the singles after Saigo no Kajitsu.

If you want, I can make HQ scans of then.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

I can also make scans from my collection. Which CDs are you still looking for?
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
sachia

Post by sachia »

to deltafour:if you can make scans from your collection, will you please make scans of Shounen Alice,30Minute Night Flight and Nikopachi for me for me? I'll be very grateful
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

You can scan & attach here using "first come, first served". If we go the complete route there is a lot of front covers to scan besides just the albums. I guess it doesn't matter if we got duplicates, more choices to choose from if those happen. Also I can do post processing for improved quality, I have good tools for that.

Oh, and title the files using the product code, ie. VICL-60012 for Grapefruit or 52872 for American version of Hotchpotch. This should avoid confusion to some degree :)
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="sachia"]will you please make scans of Shounen Alice,30Minute Night Flight and Nikopachi for me for me?[/quote]

Here's Shounen Alice [link removed]. I went ahead and scanned everything because I wasn't sure what you wanted.

I have 30minutes night flight, but I've lost the case -- I can only seem to find the booklet and the disc.

[quote="#F!"]I have all albums, the two singles collections (american versions), and the singles after Saigo no Kajitsu.[/quote]

Looks like our collections overlap quite a bit. I don't have Triangler or any singles prior to Loop, and all albums but Grapefruit and Music for 11 p.m.

[quote="Merri"]I'm looking to reduce the size to roughly 600 pixels, so anything that looks "perfect" on that size is a goal.[/quote]

Is 150dpi OK?
  • Loop [link removed]
    Kazemachi Jet [link removed]
(The above are the booklet cover and disc scans only.)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Merri, I already have scans made of a lot of her albums, so if you tell me which ones you need I can upload them.
sachia

Post by sachia »

THANK YOU, THANK YO VERY MUCH deltafour!!! I've been looking for high quality scans of Shounen Alice, thanks to you.
About 30Minute Night Flight, i only need the booklet scans, so can you...please...!!! :)
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

30minutes night flight [link removed] (Regular edition, full set @ 150dpi, 9MB)

I'll do Nikopachi next week.

Though I love the way Maaya looks in "saigo no kajitsu", I think "30minutes night flight" wins for best photography. Leafing through the booklet really makes me want to visit Finland...
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Don't worry, right now we have tons of snow to get lost into.

I'm having a pause on this project, I got caught up with something that could be called a very unexpected project.
sachia

Post by sachia »

Thank you very much deltafour^^