Maaya Budokan live (2010-03-31) meet-up thread

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
roxfan

Maaya Budokan live (2010-03-31) meet-up thread

Post by roxfan »

Since it seems a couple of other members are going, maybe we should do a meet-up before the concert (and also after, I guess :) ).
So, if you're planning to attend and would like to meet fellow fans, please speak up.
I haven't been to Japan before so I'm not sure about the practical things, like where and how to meet, so if you have any ideas on that, please share.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Count me in.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Remember to visit the Red Light District while you're at it ;D
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

I'll be going and I know at least one other poster who will be too.
We could possibly meet up just before hitting the merchandise line - then grab some merch and hit a coffee shop or something until the concert starts.
Alternatively we could meet up earlier - kinda depends when the merchandise goes on sale I suppose. Am expecting a 2-3 hr wait in line (dont want everything to be sold out like at the recent Fire Bomber concert!)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="Tochiro"]I'll be going and I know at least one other poster who will be too.
We could possibly meet up just before hitting the merchandise line - then grab some merch and hit a coffee shop or something until the concert starts.
Alternatively we could meet up earlier - kinda depends when the merchandise goes on sale I suppose. Am expecting a 2-3 hr wait in line (dont want everything to be sold out like at the recent Fire Bomber concert!)[/quote]
Great! Sounds like you're pretty experienced in concert going :) Your plan sounds good, we definitely should try to secure some goodies. What kind of stuff is usually sold there and what is the price range?
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

Who, me? ;-)
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8912403
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... opic=32278
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... t&p=798586
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... t&p=768357

Regarding merchandise - it varies depending on the type of event/artist. For Maaya Id expect official booklets, tshirts and towels. Maybe stickers, keitai straps and some small things like that too. I did a brief check during lunch and couldnt see a merchandise list anywhere yet. Im sure a list and the time that the stall opens will be posted by March. This is usually 2 hrs before the concert arena doors open (ie, 3 hrs before the concert starts) and its best to get there 1-2hrs before that. So, anything from 5-6 hours before the concert starts is a good rule of thumb for a artist who is really popular (or doesnt often do live performances).
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Tochiro! I'll be waiting for your report ;)
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

PLEASE TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES I'm so sad to see everyone gathering and not me, this time I can't go to Japan tsss.

But well, I'm happy for you :D
tearsofjoy

Post by tearsofjoy »

In as well !! And I will be coming with another forum member, so we are 5 if I counted correctly. Tochiro will soon make a suggestion for the meet up !
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I'm not so much on the forum anymore, I have not seen this post before today.
But I'll be there, with another non-forum friend.

I'm leaving to Japan on saturday, but I'll try to check out here often to see if there is plan made.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Gambatte! :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

My friend who brought my ticket will be going and I hope you guys will look after her! Luminaire from Jpopmusic.coms Maaya thread is going too. You should all have a big karaoke session!
tearsofjoy

Post by tearsofjoy »

Yay :maayagrin: , or how about a small picnic in a sakura grove close to it before the concert (if thats allowed).

Another suggestion from me is that we meet at around 2.30 (4 hours before the concert starts) and decide there what we wanna do. How about that ??
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Luminaire !!!! I always thought she was a boy, don't know why.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="tearsofjoy"]Yay :maayagrin: , or how about a small picnic in a sakura grove close to it before the concert (if thats allowed).

Another suggestion from me is that we meet at around 2.30 (4 hours before the concert starts) and decide there what we wanna do. How about that ??[/quote]

I can meet up around noon or later. Kudanashita station is right next to the Budoukan, how about meeting there. A bunch of gaikokujin at a train station is easy to find.