Maaya Budokan live (2010-03-31) meet-up thread

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
luminaire

Post by luminaire »

First of all, a look at where Budokan is via Google Maps.

According to Maaya's homepage the goods sales will start at 12pm; there's also a special Budokan-only sleeve for the best album. You can have a look at it, as well as the special plastic bag that'll be given out that day to goods buyers, here:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/news/im ... se_bag.jpg

Yasukuni Shrine is right next to Budokan; disregarding the fact that the museum behind it is controversial (I've been there once, and despite the subject matter I LOLed so hard at how the barely-concealed bias is being very proudly displayed), it has a grove of 600 sakura trees, which should be in some degree of bloom by the day of the concert.

There really isn't much around Kudanshita, though. There're three lines serving the station; the Hanzomon line, which originates in Shibuya, the Tozai line and the Toei-Shinjuku line, which starts from Shinjuku. There're probably a few coffee shops around, but I don't remember much; then again, the last time I went there it was a pretty rushed affair, so.

Anyway, back to the concert. Doors open at 5:30pm, and the live starts at 6:30pm; I think it'd be good to start queuing around 4:30pm or so (or maybe even earlier), since I expect crazy long queues. Hopefully the fact that it's a weekday will help things a bit, though it's still the school holidays so maybe not.

I think meeting at Kudanshita station would be a good idea; no getting lost there.

And yes, I am male.

-Merri fixed the link.
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

Howdy everyone.
Sorry, work has been hell as of late. Lunchbreaks (when I usually post) are kindofa luxury at the moment. As it is I only have 5 mins so will post again later, but if the goods go on sale at 12, Ill probably be lining up from 10:30-11am. Will get my swag, ditch it in a locker and probably be free as a bird from 1~1:30 onwards. So 1:30 or 2ish is the best time to meetup imo. Also, that means we can relax somewhere away for the crowds for an hour or 2 before heading back to the Budokan to take lotsa silly photos and looking like tourists before heading into the show. Could grab some Chu-hi and hit some Sakura I suppose.
Any thoughts?
tearsofjoy

Post by tearsofjoy »

I am in for a meet up at Kudanshita at around 2 pm..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="tearsofjoy"]I am in for a meet up at Kudanshita at around 2 pm..[/quote]

Seconded.
See you all there. Oh, and how many of us are asian? I am and asians are a little bit harder to spot amongst Japanese folk. How about I wave a big banner saying Maaya FC :P
luminaire

Post by luminaire »

So we're meeting up to get goods together, or will that be a separate thing up to each of us?

And speaking of which, goods list out:

http://www.treasures-jpn.com/maaya/

2pm at Kudanshita or so is fine, I guess. And yes, I'm Asian too - maybe I'll wear my "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN" T-shirt that day, hahaha.
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

Well, I'm looking at my schedule for the morning and will probably arrive just after 11AM to get in line for goods (altho seriously that lineup is a bit lacking - wheres the booklets and posters?!?!). So how about we meet at the entrance to Yasukuni across the road at 2?
Alternatively, look for the white guy in line for goods with the tattered little backpack looking like he'd rather be in bed. That'll be me!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Me and my friend are going to try for the goods too but we'll probably a bit late for the 12:00 opening. Do Japanese frown upon the practice of holding place for one's friend? Though I guess we could just gaijin smash it >.>
tearsofjoy

Post by tearsofjoy »

I would prefer the station.. does anyone know of an easy to find spot there ? It would be good if we agree on this by this weekend..
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

Well the closest exit from the station gate (underground) is exit 2. However this is just a flight of stairs so we would just be taking up pavement really. Still its not undoable.
How does this sound?
-2pm or 2:30pm: Meet at top of steps at exit 2 of Kudanshita. If you want merch, get it beforehand.
-Hit the local conbini for some chuhi
-Stroll around Yasukuni shrine while drinking said Chu-hi.
-Head back to the Budokan at 4-4:30pm-ish for pics and wait for the doors to open at 5:30.

Any thoughts?

The map showing the station exit is here:
http://www.nipponbudokan.or.jp/about/access.html

And as far as standing in line goes, I dont think it will be THAT huge a line since Maaya is a relatively niche singer. Having said that stuff sells out quickly which is why Id rather buy my tshirts and get it over with so Im free to relax in the leadup to the concert itself. Holding spots in line isnt particularly liked by anyone in any country ^^;
Also, food! Should we go eat after we meet up? Because if so theres not much around Kudanshita so we might as well meet somewhere closer to food and then head over to Kudanshita together. Im easy either way.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Goods *_*
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Exit 2 at Google maps: link
Here's how it looks from the street:
Building to the left is called Showakan and is apparently some kind of museum; park entrance to Budokan is to the left of the picture.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

About the goods, there were no shortages at Kazeyomi (maybe because she held three concerts).

So 2pm, Kudanashita exit 2? And I'll wear a We Are Kazeyomi t-shirt.
luminaire

Post by luminaire »

Exit 2 @ 2pm it shall be, then. I'll be wearing my "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN" T-shirt; it's pink and the wording's in red.

As for food, there'll probably be chains like Matsuya and what not around; at most we'll just grab onigiri from the conbini, heh.
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

2pm it is then. Due to work, I might not be able to hit the merch line until 12, but hopefully they will still have some shirts in gaijin size left.
They sold out of everything including the damn concert booklet at Mayns Big Waaaave earlier this year. Shirts went in only an hour or so at the Fire Bomber Reunion too. But its the middle of a weekday so it should be ok.

Theres probably not much in places to eat around the Budokan (streets around it are fairly quiet from memory, due to it being the palace grounds) but worst case scenario we can hop on a train for a few stops.
Will be wearing a bigass brown jacket and looking like I wanna go back to bed after working 15 hrs ;-)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

theres a mcdonalds up the stairs at the subway-station xD
i would laugh so hard ppl comin to japan and what will they eat?
tasty sushi or some other traditional dishes? they dont know their way around so they end up eating at mcdonalds lmao.