Sands of Destruction

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Hale

Sands of Destruction

Post by Hale »

I'm not sure if there was a topic on this game already but since I'm making my way through the US version of it I figure I'd get some thoughts from over here too :3

In case you didn't know, Morte Asherah, one of the game's most prominent(and may I add zany... >_> ;) characters was voice by Maaya-san in the Japanese version.

I'm unsure of how accurate the translation(and thus voice-overs) are but from playing the game, I can't help but think that Morte was modeled after Maaya-san XD; Morte is pretty much hellbent on whatever she wants and yet manages to be cute at the oddest of times (without spoilers, when your main character rejoins your team late in the game)

Has anyone else who played the game have any thoughts on it so far?
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

handheld: X
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]handheld: X[/quote]

!= bad game ;;
jason

Post by jason »

Well I assume the US version only has English dialogue. so there would be no reason for me to buy it since the only interest I have in the game is Maaya.

At least the anime R1 dvds have both English and Japanese. :maaya:
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="jason"]Well I assume the US version only has English dialogue. so there would be no reason for me to buy it since the only interest I have in the game is Maaya.

At least the anime R1 dvds have both English and Japanese. :maaya:[/quote]

Yeah it's only english dubs. The english va isn't half bad though and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the game as a whole even if it isn't Maaya there.

Sides. I have to say that Maaya isn't "genki" enough as Morte imo XD; Then again, I watched a bit of it in Japanese and she still made me laugh with her interactions lol
aarenlainey

Post by aarenlainey »

I enjoyed this anime.It was a good short sweet anime with a very interesting ending.In a world where humans serve as livestock for the ruling beastman,and where sand fills the roles of water and fire. Kyrie is recruited by the "World Destruction Committee" to assist in putting an end to their world. Kyrie alone holds the power needed to do it.It Seems they will mae games from anything.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

The Idea alone of a 1-Person "World Destruction Committee" :D

As far as I know at was the first time of Maaya being an really aggressive char, right?
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="LennStar"]
As far as I know at was the first time of Maaya being an really aggressive char, right?[/quote]
I thought her character in Gunbuster 2 was pretty aggressive.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

Haven't seen this