Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

That reminds me, deltafour, I posted a link to the CLAMP interview on a CLAMP LJ community and got some positive responses!

http://community.livejournal.com/clamp_now/613459.html

On another note:

http://nostalgic-lavender.net/maaya/misc.html

I don't know why I do this to myself... but I decided to expand the Miscellaneous section of my site to include all those anime and game soundtracks and various other releases to be able to provide lyrics for the Maaya songs they have (stuff like Teens, Taikutsu to Yuutsu, and so on). No new translations as of yet, but I'll be filling it all in over the next few months or so.

Some of those images were really hard to find, and I had to dig up the archives of Charp's old site to get info on some of those games and such, and I don't even know if I have a copy of all those songs OR if lyrics even exist online for them... but at least it's more or less exhaustive (excepting the musicals--Mizuiro Jidai, Les Miserables, Letter -bring to light-) which I decided not to do because you have to draw the line somewhere).
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="frecklegirl"]That reminds me, deltafour, I posted a link to the CLAMP interview on a CLAMP LJ community and got some positive responses![/quote]

Thank you! It's nice to find out that more people are enjoying it.

[quote="frecklegirl"][...] I decided to expand the Miscellaneous section of my site to include all those anime and game soundtracks and various other releases to be able to provide lyrics for the Maaya songs they have [...][/quote]

Wow, that's an impressive collection. I've never even heard of half of those songs. It strikes me that this could lead to serious debate about what counts as Maaya "canon". It's kind of odd that even though she was still in Whoops! with Chieko Higuchi after her debut, no one really talks about those songs anymore. I certainly haven't listened to them. (Though I did find the first season of their "Girls School Fantasy" radio program from 1997 rather amusing.) Where exactly you draw the line is an interesting issue indeed.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

In all the Miscellaneous sections of my site I tend to draw the line at anything the artist merely provided guest vocals for, but did not have any hand in writing the lyrics--those types of things don't get included. But that's all, I think, of the anime/game stuff she provided songs for (that wasn't included anywhere else), along with any songs she wrote for other artists (in this case that was a small amount) that they performed and not her.

Mostly, I used the list on her Japanese Wikipedia page as a guide, though even that wasn't fully exhaustive.

I had most of those songs, including the Whoops stuff, on my computer already. They tend to get included in the "Maaya rarities" downloads you see floating around every so often.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I have typed and transliterated Whoops!! lyrics a couple of years ago. I think I also had lyrics of some of the rare songs on my HDD, I'll look around.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="roxfan"]I have typed and transliterated Whoops!! lyrics a couple of years ago. I think I also had lyrics of some of the rare songs on my HDD, I'll look around.[/quote]
I have one of those Whoops!! singles somewhere in my cd collection. Maaya's Whoops!! stuff is easily overlooked since it's some of her weakest works IMO. I find her more obscure game & anime music much more enjoyable (i.e. Napple Tale, Wolf's Rain). Shame she doesn't seem to sing insert songs for anime and/or games anymore.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

about part 5: that snotty nosed kid hehe.
i quit soccer-club. coach was chasin me lol. didnt want me to quit.
but the kids in there were just livin in the same district. no friends. just strangers playin for themselves. every1 wanted to be "the star".
or they playd so their daddy could talk about it at the regulars table.
so i just stayd with playin 5vs5 with my friends from dawn till dusk at the weekends. i am that snotty nosed kid.

part 6: magic number converted into an essay. but you made it. "you climbed that hill" said the misanthrope.

petrified soul - your hair turns grey
a petrified heart walks slow
you begin to fade away
it can be a poison
being able to sing
i begin to understand now
why it used to be a sin :)

delta the 12 kind ppl upper left box is so hard to read for me. where are my horn-rimmed glasses. but who am i to blame some1.

lol since i dont want to write too much as always i better stop now and just silently read. thx for these drugs. too much to creativly babble about it all now.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

The last half of "12 Kind People" just went up: Radio Director Kōichi Taniwaki, Maaya's father, “I.D.” Radio Show Director Yūichi Ikeda, Komadori Group Representative Saeko Nishimura, Director Toshio Satō, and Producer Yōko Kanno.

I'm waffling about what to go for next. All that's left on the official site are the single/album special pages, but I don't see those as terribly useful at this point. I'm leaning toward the Manpukuron essays, since I've found scans of all but four.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh yeah, I was going to ask if you planned to translate those interviews they sometimes include on the single/album special pages?

And thanks, roxfan, that's really helpful! If anyone can find lyrics for the other rare/old songs, that would be great.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Disco Dancing with Love Love Phantasy ^^ my bass were having trouble keeping up with that song haha

Feelin Feelin, Feelin now ~

Keep it Keep it in your heart~

I don't need anyone, Love Love Fantasy~ Yeah!

Btw, what does the Japanese words below says?

Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

There's scans from a magazine interview posted here, if you need anything to add to your plate, deltafour or dilly!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think my laptop screen is too small to see it XD lovely pictures though!
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="frecklegirl"]There's scans from a magazine interview posted here, if you need anything to add to your plate, deltafour or dilly![/quote]

I'm working on the CUT interview in concert with the first three Manpukuron essays, to be released later this week. I might not be able to decipher every character given the low resolution, but I'll give it my best.

A 103,000-yen outfit for four photos... Kind of ridiculous to think about the price tags, but the photos are still nice.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I wouldn't imagine she keeps it though, although I imagine Maaya might be quite well-off ^^;; but I know that for women's fashion mags here in the UK there will be a whole rack of clothes that they can choose from/be styled from lent to the magazine for the shoot.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Reading material for your weekend:

July 2010 Cut Interview - A bit on the rambling side, but that's typical Maaya.

Manpukuron (Thoughts on a Full Stomach) #1, #2, and #3 - The Manpukuron series centers on Maaya's other great love besides music: food. They're bite-sized (haha) at around 600 words each. Expect around three new essays each week until I catch up with the current issue of Newtype. I won't announce each one here, so just keep an eye on the archive over the next two months or so. I'm providing scans of the original essays with these, for all y'all who prefer reading the moonscript.

And in response to:

[quote="frecklegirl"]Oh yeah, I was going to ask if you planned to translate those interviews they sometimes include on the single/album special pages?[/quote]

Yes, eventually. I have the Magic Number interview in an odd half-completed state at the moment.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It never ends!! Yes, I miscounted again, but it's a short one this time to lead up to the 'epilogue' type passage.

http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -star.html

When I was a Child Star (part 7) - Graduation