Re-issues of all Maaya's albums

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Re-issues of all Maaya's albums

Post by dillpops »

Thanks to Kai for the heads up. All of Maaya's albums will be released on the 24th of March (who knows why since all of them are still available) as listed up at CDJapan and presumably all other online retailers.

Still, there's no price reduction...anyhoo!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code ... key=211060

I wonder whether they'll make these reissues anymore desirable by adding new artwork or something to make collecting them more special as a 15th Anniversary deal.

Discussion of the re-releases here!
jason

Post by jason »

Yeah, don't bother with these reissues since almost all original prints of Maaya's albums are still available and actually a bit cheaper on CD Japan. I just posted this info on my fansite w/ a list of original cds discounted by 5%. The only cds that are out of print are Hotchpotch and Nikopachi (and probably can still find those on other on-line stores).

This seems like a money grab by Victor Ent. At the very least they could lower the price on the reprints. :P
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Thats very cynical of you Jason ;) . If they re-release the editions with the bonus dvd's (like nikopachi) this could be a chance for those who missed out to get them.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

^it doesnt appear that nikopachi has the dvd with these though :/
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Yeah I saw this but don't understand why because the others versions are there and cheaper.
But well it's a good promotion maybe ?
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Chibikko"]^it doesnt appear that nikopachi has the dvd with these though :/[/quote]
Yup, the dvds are limited edition items are won't be reissued. So if you didn't get the LEs of Maaya's albums before they went out of print, you missed out. XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Unless you're off to Japan anytime soon, I saw at least Nikopachi and it's limited edition for sale second hand in a lot of Book Off stores. But I didn't realise that Nikopachi and Hotchpotch were out of print, I think that's strange considering I'd imagine the single collections were her best selling CD's with the anime connection.

Interesting. But at least the older prints are 5% of XD
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

cdjapan is respectless towards me. i bought all albums but 1 from their site and now they want me to buy them again or what? okay maybe they just want me to get the last 1? (that i already got from somewhere else) hahaha im too trustful. they also send me infos from time to time of like 10 years old anime-series where maaya got a voicerole sometimes not even mainchara i think and then they make me these dubious offers to buy the whole series for like 120€ lololo.
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: Re-issues of all Maaya's albums

Post by dillpops »

Someone in my office was kind enough to buy me Grapefruit when they went back to Japan for a visit last week. It's the reissue rather than the original, everything is (I imagine) exactly the same as the original apart from the obi/card board slip has an advertisement for her best of 'everywhere' on it.

Just in case anyone was wondering about whether there were differences or not.

I still think that they should have put the price down a little...but! Now my Maaya album collection is complete!!
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Does any one know if the release of Hotchpotch in the USA some years ago was successfull ?
It's an important meter to know if we want Maaya-chan to come outside of Japan ;)
jason

Post by jason »

Jérôme. wrote: Does any one know if the release of Hotchpotch in the USA some years ago was successfull ?
It's an important meter to know if we want Maaya-chan to come outside of Japan ;)
Only the former employees of Geneon Entertainment USA could tell you that. However, I know in general their music label rarely made any money. At best, they broke even on most of their cd releases.

Truthfully, the sales of her US cds aren't a factor in her making another visit to US or any other country. All you need to do is offer money to bring her over to a con outside Japan. That and probably bug her agent nonstop. :P
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I always wonder how much money it would cost to get an interview with her, I assume magazines pay for featuring artists? Could we not set up an 'interview Maaya' fund and try and interview her exclusively for Maaya's? :D
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

dillpops wrote: I always wonder how much money it would cost to get an interview with her, I assume magazines pay for featuring artists? Could we not set up an 'interview Maaya' fund and try and interview her exclusively for Maaya's? :D
to ask her what ? :huh:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't know, anything you like. What do people usually ask in interviews? Her career, new album, to participate in the forum :P
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

dillpops wrote: What do people usually ask in interviews?
They tend to all ask the same thing. :-/ It's very unusual to find an interview with a truly interesting question that's never been asked before. Although this might be because the truly interesting questions go beyond the scope of what sort of information is allowed to leave the Maayaplex.

I bet if we put our heads together we can come up with some unique questions from our international perspective. I've always wondered what Maaya thinks about her international fanbase, where "international" means not Japanese living overseas, but non-Japanese.

As for how to get those questions in front of Maaya and get her answers to them, someone smarter than me would have to tackle that problem. :)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)