New essay collection Feb 2011 'from everywhere' - COVER

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Aria

Post by Aria »

Hooray! More essays!

Just really wanted to say, I'm so indebted to dillpops and deltafour for undertaking the translation process of these essays. I really can't thank you enough!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Yeah, I also really appreciate it :) Translating from scans/written text is not my forte considering my relative weakness in kanji (plus I have my hands full with lyrics-related projects), so I'm really happy to be able to read the work you guys do!

deltafour, have you considered translating Maaya's first book of essays? I know dillpops has been translating some of it, but that's one thing I'd really love to read and you're a pretty fast worker!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i have to ask.. how many essays have maaya released?? since when did she really taking that really serious, i mean as in autobiographies..

if i know how to read it i must've bought it >.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="frecklegirl"]

deltafour, have you considered translating Maaya's first book of essays? I know dillpops has been translating some of it, but that's one thing I'd really love to read and you're a pretty fast worker![/quote]

Sorry T_T
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="frecklegirl"]deltafour, have you considered translating Maaya's first book of essays?[/quote]

Yes, but I've decided not to precisely because dillpops is working on it. I can't deny that a part of me would like to translate it, but at the same time I don't want to step on other translators' toes too much. That's why I've already promised to myself that I won't touch lyrics translation, either. ;-)

[quote="kirei_lanford"]i have to ask.. how many essays have maaya released?? since when did she really taking that really serious, i mean as in autobiographies..[/quote]

She's always had a thing for writing. I'm not sure what she published early on in her career, but what stands out in recent memory is her first two essay books (the latter to be published this year, of course), her "I.D." and "the id" entries on her official site (some of which were included in the first essay book), essays for the quarterly IDS! fan club newsletters (again, some of which were included in the first essay book), the Newtype essay series mentioned earlier in this thread, and various one-off essays such as the one that recently appeared in the CDJournal.com serial feature. If you're looking for a number, I can't give you that, but it's a fairly long list.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think you already have your plate full with every other piece of Maaya related writing in existence, by the looks of it XD
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

she has released books from her early days too? don't know bout that... everybody know her love with writing.. but lately its become a business too. something suddenly popped in her mind?? >.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"][quote="frecklegirl"]

deltafour, have you considered translating Maaya's first book of essays? I know dillpops has been translating some of it, but that's one thing I'd really love to read and you're a pretty fast worker![/quote]

Sorry T_T[/quote]

Sorry XD I'm slow too!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="frecklegirl"][quote="dillpops"][quote="frecklegirl"]

Sorry T_T[/quote]

Sorry XD I'm slow too![/quote]

At least you got me off my butt about it though XD I hate dissapointing you!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Haha :) I'm really eager to read more of those essays, I'd try reading them myself but I don't have a copy of the book.

I'm excited to hear deltafour is going to be translating IDS newsletters though, I've always wanted to read those too!

And yay for productive Dilly!
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="frecklegirl"]I'm excited to hear deltafour is going to be translating IDS newsletters though, I've always wanted to read those too![/quote]

Whoa, slow down there, partner. I can't remember saying I'd do the newsletters too. Maybe if I have time, but with the continuing work on the official site and the new essay book coming out this year I don't think I'll get to them... We need to recruit some more translators. :)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh, did you not?! haha, sorry, I thought that's what you said when you were talking about obtaining scans... I guess that was just the Newtype column though. Haha!
Tomosaka

RE: New essay collection on sale 2010 'from everywhere'

Post by Tomosaka »

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Information ... .html#news

"from everywhere." will be sold in February 21, 2011. :exclamation:
deltafour

RE: New essay collection on sale 2010 'from everywhere'

Post by deltafour »

Tomosaka wrote: "from everywhere." will be sold in February 21, 2011. :exclamation:
That sounds about right. Even if it's ready to hit the shelves now, it'd get lost in all the new album talk. Better to wait until after things have calmed down a bit. Now when do preorders start? :wktk: