NEWS: Voice Cast Members Maaya Sakamoto, Kenichi Suzumura Marry

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

NEWS: Voice Cast Members Maaya Sakamoto, Kenichi Suzumura Marry

Post by sachia »

Voice actress Maaya Sakamoto announced on her official page on Saturday that she married fellow voice actor Kenichi Suzumura on Monday, August 8.

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/I ... .html#news
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/news/comment110813.html

[Via Yaraon!]

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3363.html

OMG!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! It's like seeing Haruhi and Hikaru getting married!!!!
Maaya-san and Kenichi-san, OMEDETO!!!!!!!!!!
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Megumi

RE: NEWS: Voice Cast Members Maaya Sakamoto, Kenichi Suzumura Marry

Post by Megumi »

http://blog2.morinaga.co.jp/biscuit/201 ... 81%99.html

I'm shaking !! 2CH talked about the 2 of them but I didn't know it was SO serious ! I have to read all her interview again ;)
http://natalie.mu/music/news/54807

Omedetou !
Last edited by Megumi on 2011-08-12 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Aria

Post by Aria »

My friend gave me the news this morning and I was so shocked that I headed straight here for the news, and it's true!!

Wow! I don't really know much about this guy as a seiyuu, but if Maaya chose him, he must be wonderful. Omedetou Maaya~!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Finally maaya-nee...! T^
I'm really shocked by now... this very minute.. someone actually able to fulfill my wish!! XD

So the luckiest guy in the world is another seiyuu
And yes, it's between haruhi and hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club omg!
The anime was from 2003.. I can imagine Maaya and Kenichi begun to have some sort of feeling around that time... Hey, guessing isn't a crime XD

A little bit about this guy (from wiki)
The guy is 6 years older than her
His look reminds me to ELT's guitarist, Ichiro Ito-san <-- only personal opinion :D

Well after all this time wondering whether what being said in (some) lyrics were all true or just imagination, i could just safely say....
It doesn't matter anymore!

Damn i feel happy and sad ad the same time... fangirls never understood what we felt. T.
It's certainly hard to describe... T.

So the next news we will certainly hear is that kenichi-san will bring maaya-nee in a romantic culinary flights all over the world...... ahhhhh.... envy! >.

Also... the next concept album will definitely have a LOT of love in it.

"The morning I haven't seen, the song I haven't heard.
The person I haven't met- Who knows, I may be able to meet after all."

now you are able to meet him maaya-nee ;)

Maaya-nee,
結婚おめでとうございます !!

ps: now i can seriously think about marriage. omg still trying to learn the reality
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-08-13 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

HURRAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! ^_______________________^
#F!

Post by #F! »

I'm also surprised and shocked, there was no news about it ...
kirei_lanford wrote: Damn i feel happy and sad ad the same time... fangirls never understood what we felt. T.
It's certainly hard to describe... T.
I am a passionate fan of voice, musicality and all that is Maaya and for this reason I am shocked... but for like her so much, I am also very happy because it means that she found someone to love and be happy!

Omedetou Maaya-san!!!!
Last edited by #F! on 2011-08-13 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

Aria wrote: My friend gave me the news this morning and I was so shocked that I headed straight here for the news, and it's true!!

Wow! I don't really know much about this guy as a seiyuu, but if Maaya chose him, he must be wonderful. Omedetou Maaya~!
That's exactly what happened to me too. Omg congrats to the both of them! *u*

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/maaya-saka ... :8557.html
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

So, maaya and kenichi have worked together in some series:

- Ouran High School Host Club: Haruhi Fujioka (maaya) - Hikaru Hitachiin (kenichi)
- Gundam Seed Destiny: Lunamaria Hawke (maaya) - Shinn Asuka (kenichi)
- FF VII Advent Children: Aerith Gainsborough (maaya) - Zack Fair (kenichi)
- Kara no Kyoukai: Shiki Ryougi (maaya) - Mikiya Kokutou (kenichi)

and the last one:

Taken from sachia's link. Does anybody know from where did that pic was taken??
And as hard as it took for me to say it but i have to admit, they are really suited together. What a cute couple. No forget the guy, cute maaya-nee :P

Their kid will surely be a guaranteed genius in voice acting
I hope they will be husband and wife until forever. Damn it killed me just to write this.. but still i feel happy :D

edit:

I've just found that Maaya and Kenichi has actually worked together when Maaya was still 16!! Heck it's around the time maaya still voice Hitomi Kanzaki from Esca right??

The title of the anime is Mizuiro Jidai (Aqua Age) --> granted i never heard this title at all..

It's Maaya-nee as Natsumi Kugayama and Kenichi-san as Haruhiko Shibasaki. By that time, Maaya-nee was still 16 and Kenichi-san was 22.
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-08-13 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
Lene

Post by Lene »

OMG!! I totally called this! I even wrote that I wanted them both to marry last year on this post: LINK

I am literally screaming in joy! Congratulations to the both of them! :D h
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Awwww, I really like that they've had such a long history together - think of all the fanfic we could write for this couple haha. Great news, though!

Although...I'm kind of surprised they would both announce it. It's not any of our business afterall (I'm happy they did though!!)

It's a RABU SUTORIIII ^^
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

We're all shocked and surprised because their relationship was not overtly public, but we do all need to remember that they were under NO--zero--obligation to let any of us know about it. Plus, the Japanese media is not as prying especially into non-household name voice actors' lives and love lives, so it makes sense that they not only wanted to but were able to keep the relationship quiet (I'm sure, of course, all their friends and families knew). Evidently, 2ch suspected it as well; it might have even been something of an open secret. So saying it's "random" and even getting upset that it's such a shock, feeling betrayed by the news and so on is, I think, something we should try to recognize is an irrational reaction and avoid doing.

To any fanboy who was still holding out hope that Maaya would somehow move to your country and marry you... I feel very sad for you.

In fact, one reason it was kept secret is probably so that Maaya's male fans didn't revolt and go after this guy ahead of time. There's probably a lot of trash-talking this guy on 2ch right about now.

I am very, very happy that it sounds like Maaya has found someone she's happy with--I know, after translating lots of songs and comments, that she really wanted to find someone to be with and stay with. And it looks like she's done that so I really couldn't be happier for her!

I do want to know some things though, like when exactly it started, and see a wedding picture! But again, it really isn't any of our business. I see why they announced it upon marrying, though; now it's legal and real and they will both be able to talk about it. Having to hide a large part of your life from your readership--both of them blog, and are interviewed for magazines, and so on--must be tough, and now if they want to mention a wife or a husband in the course of such-and-such amusing story, they absolutely can. It just makes sense that upon having happy news, you want to share it with your fans.

Lene did call the groom, but deltafour called when it would happen! He was exactly right!
deltafour wrote:I want to go on the record as predicting that by the time Maaya turns 31, she'll announce that she's getting married. Something about the wedding-ish scenery in the video and the lyrics of "everywhere" makes me feel that way.

If my prediction fails, well, it's not like the world's going to end or anything. I just thought I'd put something in a public forum so I could point to it and say, "Aha! I called it!" if it does happen that way. Of course any such finger-pointing would likely be drowned out by the cries and weeping of thousands of Maaya fanboys.
Last edited by frecklegirl on 2011-08-13 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

dillpops wrote: Awwww, I really like that they've had such a long history together - think of all the fanfic we could write for this couple haha. Great news, though!

Although...I'm kind of surprised they would both announce it. It's not any of our business afterall (I'm happy they did though!!)

It's a RABU SUTORIIII ^^
Me too..
Assuming in mind (based on knowing how often they work together) that Maaya and him has developed up and down in relationship it somehow lifted my all-time worries.

We know that maaya has wrote some lyrics that displayed her need for love, her happiness and sadness, her emotions etc. Just back then,.. without anything as a backup (except mentioned at rare occasions in her blog), what worries me was this probabilities:
1. Maaya didn't really care about marriage and that all that she care about love is that it would only do as much as material for her songs.
or
2. Maaya did concern about love & marriage but she has a really bad luck about it/disappointed many times

Of course i don't want that to happen, but not knowing anything lead to bad evil thoughts >_

It's just that it had happened once to another dear musician i adore and until now i feel very sad when i think about it. And i'm glad that neither of my worries were true and that she was actually having quite a normal relationship like other people. Now it's the beginning of happy moments for Maaya and i already can't wait to see their baby.

@freckle
I'm shocked and hurt at the first time hearing it. All those illogical thinking about Maaya-nee, i once have it too... But that was long ago. There was a time when i already realize, even to see her directly on stage was already a gift. What i was worried about maaya lately was about her happiness, concerning her age. But it all wiped out in a single day.

Cheers for maaya-nee!! \^o^/
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-08-13 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well, I think someone ought to buy deltafour a drink for calling it (Freckle? You're in the same area, haha!) And now 'Topia' being the final song on YCCM seems a lot more telling, it was definitely a 'I'm settled down and happy' type of song for the last song on her album.

She's emphasised on Vitamin M and on her official post that she's going to continue to work hard though, so I guess we'll just go on as normal until the next big announcement: 'I'm having a baby!' ^^;;;;
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

btw... i haven't seen deltafour in this page... >_

guessing about the pv scenery.. why haven't i thought that too. (yet i think i remember somewhere along the line of our dear philosopher, imu that he also thought something has happened since everywhere pv came out)

deltafour won the 1st prize though lol

@dilly
i've thought that utopia has something to do with current condition (it's real imo). i just didn't get the contradiction between the beginning of the song and the middle part. i mean between (from freckle's site):

"how have you been doing? where are you in this city?
i'm sure i can't see you again"
and
"because i'm going home to next to you now
preparing hot things, we'll eat"

i didn't remember why i always forget to asked this confusing lines before.....
thank god the chorus was the right part :D
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I do like to see her in the wedding dress.

(Note: how many times, I edited this post before pressing 'Post Reply' haha.. at last I just said something simple and neutral haha..)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.