New singles for Last Exile 2 and Tamayura - official previews out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jason

RE: New singles for Last Exile 2 and Tamayura - official previews out

Post by jason »

dillpops wrote: The full version of the PV has also been officially uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLSN_7S9NbQ
I already downloaded a HD version of the PV via torrent, but good to see Victor Ent. posted the full version to youtube.

BTW, just noticed they are blocking the audio on the anime OP videos on youtube. First time I've ever seen any company (let alone Victor Ent.) do that. Usually they just take down the entire video. But guess it makes sense since Victor only has the copyrights to the song.
Last edited by jason on 2011-10-17 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Has anyone else watched the first episode?
I still have misgivings about using Buddy in a Last Exile series. It felt a little discordant when most of the show had very airy music and Hitomi singing the ED again.

Gorgeous to watch though. Except for the very first scene. Gonzo opening a series with fan service makes me nervous.
Do not tread that path again Gonzo, that way leads to the dark side.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I liked the opening animation for the chourus, it felt like you could really feel the speed but I'll reserve judgement on the series for a few more episodes. It all seemed a bit...moe with the character designs and the first shot of the episode being someone's panties and garter. Still, I'll give the series a go as I enjoyed the first one!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mmm, the first series. I'm rewatching the blu ray edition, a lot of love went into that show. Its still a pleasure to watch.

Others have mentioned the moe in Fam too. Especially when compared to the very grim face of war you are exposed to in the original. I hope it works. If nothing else it is the most beautifully animated show of the season. And I have a huge crush on Ai Kayano.

If it runs into 20+ episodes I'd like to see Maaya perform a new song for the last half (like she did for Linebarrels).
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Official Buddy lyrics are out:
http://www.uta-net.com/song/120681/

EDIT: wow, the live version of Moonlight is beautiful. It sounds so nice with just the piano *_* can't this be the real version? Haha. The live CD sounds great, I can't wait for the second half next week!!

Buddy got no.7 on Oricon btw.
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-10-19 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
jason

Post by jason »

dillpops wrote: Buddy got no.7 on Oricon btw.
Aww, I was hoping the single would rank higher... well maybe the weekly ranking will be better.

In regards to the Last Exile Fam anime, I watched the first ep and enjoyed it quite a bit. Wasn't bothered at all by the fanservice, very typical from Gonzo (don't know why some people are surprised). There's plenty of other anime shows with actual nudity. :P Anyways, Looking forward to future eps. :)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I was just surprised because I recall the first series being a lot more serious upon the first watching with less fan service. Maybe my mind is going. It could have just been that the first series focused on male characters a lot more so there was less opportunity for fan service.

I imagine having the photo book on the first day, a single next week, the tickets being on sale for fan club members from yesterday and the album next month are pushing the fans' budgets. Students and younger fans might choose the photo book over the single? Or try and get a ticket for the concert this week and by both singles next week? Or wait till Okaerinasai is out to get both singles at the same time...

The tickets are 8,000 yen plus a pop so I wouldn't be surprised if some fans are using this week for that and then next week for the CDs...spreading out the cost.
Aria

Post by Aria »

Okaerinasai PV out on YouTube! (Not on her channel though...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy1MSLeMaQ

At least I think...but it looks real to me! Would be pretty hard to fake a PV don't you think? :D
jason

Post by jason »

My copies of the two singles shipped from CD Japan today. Can't wait to get them! :)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Okaerinasai came in the post today ^^

Both songs are lovely!!
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

I think Okaerinasai will have more sales than Buddy...
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
jason

Post by jason »

Got my LE singles today from CD Japan, along w/ a couple other things. I took some quick pics with my phone. The third pic is of postcards that were included in my package. I assume the cards are a first pressing bonus, but not sure if those are also included with the regular editions.
maayagoods1.jpg
maayagoods2.jpg
maayagoods3.jpg
Last edited by jason on 2011-10-26 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
jason

Post by jason »

Just getting around to listening to my cds. The LEs were totally worth the extra cost. YCCM live concert tour tracks are so good. Listen to concert version of Muunraito and it's beautifully superb! :D
Last edited by jason on 2011-10-27 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya got 8 with 13,948 copies for 'okaerinasai'!

Buddy got weekly ten with 12,895...Does this mean I was right when I thought that some fans would wait for the second CD and get them both together? I wonder if we added this week's Buddy sales to last week's we'd get the total number of copies of okaerinasai ^^;;

A difference of 10,000 or so.

Or is Tamayura just more popular than last exile?
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

dillpops wrote: Maaya got 8 with 13,948 copies for 'okaerinasai'!

Buddy got weekly ten with 12,895...Does this mean I was right when I thought that some fans would wait for the second CD and get them both together? I wonder if we added this week's Buddy sales to last week's we'd get the total number of copies of okaerinasai ^^;;

A difference of 10,000 or so.

Or is Tamayura just more popular than last exile?
I think Okaerinasai is maaya´s type of song, sweet and quiet, but Buddy is great too, (with those great violins :heart: ) but If I had to buy one of her two singles, I would choose Okaerinasai, besides its B-side "A HAPPY NEW YEAR" is not a filler track like something little... :shy:

I´ve never watch Last Exile 1 but I started to see Last Exile 2 and I like it, and I watched the Tamayura OAVs, it´s a bit boring, but I like the TV series, there are more characters and more "slice of life" situations I think, and I love maaya and megumi combination in OP & ED :D
Last edited by countdown65 on 2011-11-04 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)