New album 'driving in the silence' - November 2011

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

RE: New album 'driving in the silence' - November 2011

Post by sachia »

there is a PV for Driving in the silence??? WHERE CAN I WATCH IT???
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i prefer in the evening rather than morning,... i guess...
however silent a morning is,.. it's still morning. :)

but anyway,... the piano is gorgeus and the pv is artistic with lighting, filter and all..... so overall, driving in the silence is amazing.. yet.. want some more *the exact feeling as tell me what the rain knows*

@sachia
it's in the bonus 8 min short movie.. contain driving in the silence pv and sayonara santa pv.. :D
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-11-26 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

kirei_lanford wrote: i prefer in the evening rather than morning,... i guess...
however silent a morning is,.. it's still morning. :)

but anyway,... the piano is gorgeus and the pv is artistic with lighting, filter and all..... so overall, driving in the silence is amazing.. yet.. want some more *the exact feeling as tell me what the rain knows*

@sachia
it's in the bonus 8 min short movie.. contain driving in the silence pv and sayonara santa pv.. :D
don´t forget the reprise PV :sleepy:
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
moulica

Post by moulica »

Chikau is very impressive! before that I was wondering the song made by maaya herself this time may be the same style of Everywhere, but actually it's more like hikari are~

I really like sayonara santa, maaya's vocal and the lyrics are so cute XD~ and the PV is very beautiful!!! but hope they can do some PV with stories in it next time......

for me, this album is the best one since maaya left Yoko Kanno, at least until now~
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I also really, really like it - it's been on repeat for past month 0_0
vento

Post by vento »

Im listening to DITS now, Ill post my opinion later ^^
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I really, really love "Sayonara Santa." The lyrics are so poignant and bittersweet. You'd think she was talking about an old boyfriend, but because of the title, I wonder if she's actually addressing Santa Claus (who acts as a symbol of childhood innocence gone by)? Hmm!

A lot of the lyrics on this album are very easy for me to understand and translate, so I think I can get translations up pretty quickly. I finished the romaji last night and I kept having to stop myself from starting translations too, it was just too easy. (I stopped myself because I knew I didn't have time for both...)
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

frecklegirl wrote: I really, really love "Sayonara Santa." The lyrics are so poignant and bittersweet. You'd think she was talking about an old boyfriend, but because of the title, I wonder if she's actually addressing Santa Claus (who acts as a symbol of childhood innocence gone by)? Hmm!

A lot of the lyrics on this album are very easy for me to understand and translate, so I think I can get translations up pretty quickly. I finished the romaji last night and I kept having to stop myself from starting translations too, it was just too easy. (I stopped myself because I knew I didn't have time for both...)
I am waiting for Driving in the silence, Okaerinasai & A HAPPY NEW YEAR, I love those songs so much! Thanks for your translations. I remember when I read 03 and everywhere at your site, they made me cry xD
Last edited by countdown65 on 2011-12-13 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ah, I didn't translate 03, but I did translate everywhere :) Thanks, I'm working on it!
vento

Post by vento »

Finally, I've listened to it all.

I liked this album much more than YCCM. I like when Maaya also sings for the... dark side (?) hahah xD. I mean, Kyokuya, melt the snow in me <3...

I was really surprised with Chikai, it's one of my favourite tracks from this album! I would like maaya to compose a whole album herself ^^.

Tatoeba ringo ga te ni ochiru you ni... A song that in the beggining sounded nothing special, but then it turns to a really tender song! Feels my heart. I can see me listening this during a trip with wind in the face, haha. This one is my 1st favourite of the album.

Im so sorry to say i dont like sayounara santa... I don't dislike it, but it's not the style of happy melody i like. But loved the pv! so pretty!

I liked this new album! ^^
I regret no Kanno's song though, snif...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXq9j8M-KpU[/video]

Is it me, or am I thinking that... Driving in the Silence means, driving in an Electric car?

Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Imurann wrote: [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXq9j8M-KpU[/video]

Is it me, or am I thinking that... Driving in the Silence means, driving in an Electric car?

OMG I listened to Driving in the silence I and I watched the video, it is so, so weird... but I like it e_e I imagined maaya in that car :lol:
vento wrote: Finally, I've listened to it all.

I liked this album much more than YCCM. I like when Maaya also sings for the... dark side (?) hahah xD. I mean, Kyokuya, melt the snow in me <3...

I was really surprised with Chikai, it's one of my favourite tracks from this album! I would like maaya to compose a whole album herself ^^.

Tatoeba ringo ga te ni ochiru you ni... A song that in the beggining sounded nothing special, but then it turns to a really tender song! Feels my heart. I can see me listening this during a trip with wind in the face, haha. This one is my 1st favourite of the album.

Im so sorry to say i dont like sayounara santa... I don't dislike it, but it's not the style of happy melody i like. But loved the pv! so pretty!

I liked this new album! ^^
I regret no Kanno's song though, snif...
I agree with you, I didn´t like Sayonara Santa too much, too sweet xD
I love the PV of both Driving in the silence and Sayonara Santa, Kotoshi Ichiban is so relaxing, I love Tatoeba ringo ga te ni ochiru you ni/homemade christmas, they put me in a good mood...
I didn´t like Kyokuya but I like melt the snow in me, and Chikai... I think everywhere is better, the Chikai chorus is weak when it starts...
Well, yes, Driving in the silence is better than YCCM, I think...
Last edited by countdown65 on 2011-12-15 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

aa.. I'm dying to know the meanings of the songs.. but I guess, most of the songs in this albums were taken from some relationship scenes.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sayonara Santa
Kyoku-ya
Chikai

Lyrics translations up! I think Frecklegirl mentioned she's busy studying for exams so I'll fill the translation gap for now with these ^^