time to rank again!! ur all time MAAYA best ^

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dirron

RE: time to rank again!! ur all time MAAYA best ^

Post by dirron »

not much changes except "light of love" suddenly jump out of nowhere..
Light of Love has always been one of my favourites :) . These kinda songs are why I love Maaya so much!
buddy.. okaerinasai.. r u guys sure those two deserve the no.1 or it's just temporarily just because it's fresh..? well, suit u
I haven't gotten into listening to Okaerinasai much, but Buddy for me is an INCREDIBLY ADDICTIVE song!

Here's my current top 20:

01. 03
02. Get no Satisfaction
03. Gift
04. T-Shirt
05. Ongaku
06. Mizuumi
07. Honey Bunny
08. Yukka
09. Colors
10. Remedy
11. Kodoku
12. Saigo no Kajitsu
13. No Fear/Aisuru Koto
14. Watashi wa Okano Uekara Kabin wo Nageru
15. The Garden of Everything
16. Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta
17. Scrap - Wakare no Shi/Uta(?)
18. Kotomichi
19. Sora wo Miro
20. Grapefruit
It´s too hard xD I want to add more songs ;_; xD
Yea! It's very hard lol.

Short review:

Grapefruit - I usually listen to this song during nighttime. Somehow it gives me the feeling that I'm in an expensive restaurant.

Sora wo Miro - I love how the song slows down everytime it enters the chorus. It makes the chorus more "explosive" for me. I love songs with big chorus! Same goes to Saigo no Kajitsu and Ongaku.

Scrap - I LOVE Maaya's voice in here! It's in my personal opinion, the strongest I've heard her voice so far. I especially love the backup vocals near the end of the song.

Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta - Like Kotomichi, this song made me cry once. This is also the only other song I can play on the piano besides No Fear and Yubiwa.

The Garden of Everything - Once being a song that I skip every time it comes. I eventually grown to love it to death. Even made a school CG project using the song (took 8 friggin months).

Colors - This is the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Ongaku and 03 - These two IMO has the most emotion of all her songs. 03 is particularly depressing to listen to, but I love it very much.

Yukka - Even though I don't understand the lyrics, I absolutely love singing this song.

Honey Bunny - It's only just recently that I got into this song. I love the use of left/right channels for different instruments.

T-Shirt - This song sounds surprisingly fresh everytime I listen to it.

Get no Satisfaction, Gift - These two are ABSOLUTELY FUN songs! ahh the look on my face when Maaya opens her two previous dvds with these songs.

Mizuumi - This song is crazy! I don't even know where to begin.. umm.. I guess I love it because of the backup vocals harmony. It's also in line with Grapefruit on how expensive they feel for me.

Sorry for the long post, but I just love spreading my Maaya Love-ness!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

dirron wrote:
not much changes except "light of love" suddenly jump out of nowhere..
Light of Love has always been one of my favourites :) . These kinda songs are why I love Maaya so much!
buddy.. okaerinasai.. r u guys sure those two deserve the no.1 or it's just temporarily just because it's fresh..? well, suit u
I haven't gotten into listening to Okaerinasai much, but Buddy for me is an INCREDIBLY ADDICTIVE song!
okay..... but u don't include either "light of love" or "buddy" in the list... ^^;;

and about "get no satisfaction!".. imo "magic number" is better than that song, provided that both having similar type/genre. I listens "magic number quite regularly, unlike "get no satisfaction!" :angel:
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2012-02-19 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dirron

Post by dirron »

okay..... but u don't include either "light of love" or "buddy" in the list... ^^;;
I know lol. Sry i should've said I used to love the song, but light of love has fell outta my top 20 this past year. For Buddy, still too early to tell.

I love Magic Number too. They both sound awfully similar right!? Pls have mercy.. It would be easier to list Maaya songs that I don't like instead xD.
Treize

Post by Treize »

kirei_lanford wrote: buddy.. okaerinasai.. r u guys sure those two deserve the no.1 or it's just temporarily just because it's fresh..? well, suit u :D

for me the rank is all-time and not current rank/casual listener type rank.
For me, I think Buddy will stay at the top for quite a while unless Maaya comes out with another really good song. I've already listened to the song so many times, and the initial feelings still haven't faded even when I listen to it now. Okaerinasai may phase out of my list after a while, though.

Also, I think Get no Satisfaction! is better. I used to like Magic Number when it first came out, but I don't like how the same melody line is repeated so often in the chorus.

It's funny to compare our lists. They're so different.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

kirei_lanford wrote: buddy.. okaerinasai.. r u guys sure those two deserve the no.1 or it's just temporarily just because it's fresh..? well, suit u :D

for me the rank is all-time and not current rank/casual listener type rank.
Okaerinasai made me cry, is very beautiful, I listen to it everyday since its release, so paceful, I felt the same with everywhere, 03, and Kuuki to Hoshi e____e And it won´t be temporary.. at all. e______________________e xD Those songs are in my heart now (?)

Treize wrote: For me, I think Buddy will stay at the top for quite a while unless Maaya comes out with another really good song. I've already listened to the song so many times, and the initial feelings still haven't faded even when I listen to it now.
I feel the same, but with Okaerinasai, it was love at first sight, I think :D
Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-02-20 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Treize wrote:
Also, I think Get no Satisfaction! is better. I used to like Magic Number when it first came out, but I don't like how the same melody line is repeated so often in the chorus.
i tried to figure out why i like "magic number" so much and not that much with "get no satisfaction", turns out to be because of this:
- portion of piano and violin is bigger in magic number. especially piano (almost not heard in gns) --> and i'm piano sucker :D
- background vocal is more lively & dynamic at "magic number" and i really like the composition at chorus, that staging tune.
- instrument-vocal lead exchange is introduced at one part before last chorus, after "zenbu.. mitodo keru made" -correct if mispelled-.. it's guitar-violin (transition)-back vocal, in a row.

it's just me... i'm usually tend to lean over something more beautiful instead of rock, i.m.o magic number beautiful : rock = 2 : 1, while gns = 1 : 2

but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy hearing gns :D , just maybe "magic number" is around 21-30 and "get no satisfaction".... i dunno.... below that ? (> 50) :/
maaya's ranking sure is harsh XD
countdown65 wrote:
Okaerinasai made me cry, is very beautiful, I listen to it everyday since its release, so paceful, I felt the same with everywhere, 03, and Kuuki to Hoshi e____e And it won´t be temporary.. at all. e______________________e xD Those songs are in my heart now (?)

i agree with "okaerinasai", the tune & feeling really is special.. I never heard maaya sing a song like this in a while. I guess this song could climb up in my list in the future, maybe getting further inside the best 10?? :/
it has that "timeless " potential.
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2012-02-20 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

kirei_lanford wrote:
i agree with "okaerinasai", the tune & feeling really is special.. I never heard maaya sing a song like this in a while. I guess this song could climb up in my list in the future, maybe getting further inside the best 10?? :/
it has that "timeless " potential.
I´m glad you understand my position :D (?) xD
Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-02-20 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
dirron

Post by dirron »

kirei_lanford wrote: i tried to figure out why i like "magic number" so much and not that much with "get no satisfaction", turns out to be because of this:
- portion of piano and violin is bigger in magic number. especially piano (almost not heard in gns) --> and i'm piano sucker :D
- background vocal is more lively & dynamic at "magic number" and i really like the composition at chorus, that staging tune.
- instrument-vocal lead exchange is introduced at one part before last chorus, after "zenbu.. mitodo keru made" -correct if mispelled-.. it's guitar-violin (transition)-back vocal, in a row.
Yep, you can't hear any piano on GnS like in Magic Number. Believe me when I say I used to hate GnS. But somehow the strings part through the end of the song (after "so desho~..") made me fall in love with GnS. To be honest, I could love both songs equally cuz they both sound so much alike, you could mix those two and people would never know that it's two different songs. I guess it's just the feeling I got listening to GnS that I was able to enjoy it more than Magic Number (and that strings part).

Certain songs affect me differently. When I cried listening to Buddy, my friend was like "whaa?" xD.

But my favourite type of Maaya songs are still the likes of 03, Ongaku, Light of Love, Hero etc. This top 20 ranking are songs that I can listen to repeatedly without getting sick of it, and also considering how long I have known the song.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

dirron wrote: Yep, you can't hear any piano on GnS like in Magic Number. Believe me when I say I used to hate GnS. But somehow the strings part through the end of the song (after "so desho~..") made me fall in love with GnS.
thats the best part of GNS all rite.. :D

my top of the list contain songs that manage to get through my head and feeling (arrangement-wise, composition-wise, lyrical-wise, harmony-wise, or mix up of all of them), and stays there no matter how many frequent i listened to it or even when i don't listen to it as much as i have done before. It's just that whenever i listen to it again (after quite some time i don't), it brought almost the same feeling as i've felt during the time i first fell in love w/ the song :heart:
also there's some songs that link with memories/occasion in the past. :rolleyes:
exception is exception.. and the exception is "light of love"
i never got through to half of that song... even after passing more than a decade XD. (hotchpotch is the 1st album i've heard)....
not until several months ago, until i went and watch that youtube clip and see the comment about the revelation inside the song.
it brought an impact emotionally & even close to spiritually :)
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2012-02-21 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
dirron

Post by dirron »

kirei_lanford wrote: ... whenever i listen to it again (after quite some time i don't), it brought almost the same feeling as i've felt during the time i first fell in love w/ the song :heart:
also there's some songs that link with memories/occasion in the past. :rolleyes:
i never got through to half of that song... even after passing more than a decade XD. (hotchpotch is the 1st album i've heard)....
not until several months ago, until i went and watch that youtube clip and see the comment about the revelation inside the song.
I agree lol, it's like "Why haven't I notice the epicness before?!", Light of Love sure is awesome.

Songs that remind you of something memorable are priceless =). The first album I've heard was Dive. Listening to it is like experiencing all those cool memories again. Too bad it also reminds me how old I am getting :-/ .

Reading comments like those are great. Sometimes they tell you what you're missing out. Let's face it, not all of Maaya's songs make good first impression. For me those are songs like Scrap & Sora wo Miro. I personally hate songs that starts out loud. I guess that includes GnS (ok i have to stop talking about this song). But beneath the loud intro songs lie amazing melodies, chord progression and a sweet goddess voice.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

dirron wrote:
kirei_lanford wrote: ... whenever i listen to it again (after quite some time i don't), it brought almost the same feeling as i've felt during the time i first fell in love w/ the song :heart:
I agree lol, it's like "Why haven't I notice the epicness before?!", Light of Love sure is awesome.

Songs that remind you of something memorable are priceless =). The first album I've heard was Dive. Listening to it is like experiencing all those cool memories again. Too bad it also reminds me how old I am getting :-/ .

Reading comments like those are great. Sometimes they tell you what you're missing out. Let's face it, not all of Maaya's songs make good first impression. For me those are songs like Scrap & Sora wo Miro. I personally hate songs that starts out loud. I guess that includes GnS (ok i have to stop talking about this song). But beneath the loud intro songs lie amazing melodies, chord progression and a sweet goddess voice.

I am not good with words, I am such a fool. I feel like a metamorphosis, like a transformation with that song. I could add Light of Love to my list e_E, that song is kind of magic...
Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-02-21 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
dirron

Post by dirron »

lol. I just took another listen to her songs. Makes me feel like changing my all time ranking again xD. It's really hard to choose because I love them all differently.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

i will not make a ranking, but i will mention some songs as memorial. excuse me if i repeat some infos of my older posts.

kiseki no umi: not really knowing maaya sakamoto, this song lightend the flame in me. watching some YT video because of something else, i ended up getting back to it more & more because of that song.

hashiru: the first time i saw how maaya sakamoto looks like. i was surprised, because i thought if some1 can sing so nicely, it has to be a big big opera singing woman xD

mameshiba: a mix of memories of an "arjuna-time" that i had, the breaking part in the middle of the song & the final part. lyrics are interesting as well. i also like the video. calm spring, urban atmosphere, transitioning into rain. a bit nature.
when i watched the vid the first time, i was wondering whats goin on with the dog, or why shes running around like that. thats what happens if you cannot speak japanese, haha!

03: i can think of so many things while listening to this song. i better dont start writing about it, or you will get a whole novel, lol. but i want to mention the video. i love it. one of my all time favorite vids from her. its like the boy & her travel in their own time in the city, like some extraterrestrials.
i was sad when the vid got removed from YT someday, but i eventually found it again somewhere else.

30 minutes night flight: i was staggering into the pop-up window "the traveling cafe". i liked the pictures there from finland. good ol memorys.

saigo no kajitsu: the first video i experienced while it was originally released. it was such a big moment for me.

kuuki to hoshi: some1 made a nice vid including the song. got some pictures of nature. sadly it got removed from YT :( but the song is at least still there :) (i also have all the songs on CD, but getting into your favourites, on sites like YT, is just much more practical than getting all your CDs out for a single song. what is wrong with a good fan-vid from time to time!?)

kazamidori: i like most.

well... it was nice to track back to those songs & vids for this small review. thx for making me doing it :)
Last edited by gradualpetrify on 2012-02-22 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
dirron

Post by dirron »

Same thing for me with 03, Hashiru and Saigo no Kajitsu :) .

Almost all her songs remind me of my time playing MMORPGs. Especially songs from Dive, they're the most memorable for me and it also happens to be my favourite album from her.

Watching 03+ was magical, I cried watching it. It was beautiful although I can only understand so much of it xD. Yeah it was hard to find that video on YT but I have it downloaded somewhere in my extremely cluttered computer lol. The song for me is amazing. As cheesy as this sounds, the song takes me far away, somewhere dark but dreamy. Yoko Kanno is a genius. Maaya is a goddess. I always feel that she is.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

1. Melt the snow in me
2. 美しい人
3. Buddy -Instrumental- before normal 'Buddy'
4. A HAPPY NEW YEAR
5. 秘密
6. Platina (haha.. I'm still love my first song of her)
7. ゼロとイチ
8. Okairinasai
9. Something little
10. ムーンライト (または"きみが眠るための音楽")

I was too lazy to think, I just taken out from my last.fm dbase from the last 6 months. Yup, should be all of the above.
dirron wrote: Watching 03+ was magical, I cried watching it.

what.. I was about to flip the table at the end of the movie, not being able to understand anything at all. XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2012-02-25 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.