8th Original Album: Singer-songwriter + LIVE TOUR 2013 "Roots of SSW"

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

RE: New Album in March and Live event

Post by Jérôme. »

I'm back from Lettargy, and I hope this one will be as good as the previous work !
It seems she is making a REALLY big up on music beside her others activities since a few years... and I'm not complaining ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

I think Singer songwriter will make a phase in her career, Just Shounen Alice did, I agree with @Jerome.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

countdown65 wrote: I think Singer songwriter will make a phase in her career, Just Shounen Alice did, I agree with @Jerome.
Too bad Yoko Kanno doesn't arrange the songs ;)
But the 2 arrangers are far from being bad so I'm looking forward to it of course!
archtorii

Post by archtorii »

Yyrkoon70 wrote:
countdown65 wrote: I think Singer songwriter will make a phase in her career, Just Shounen Alice did, I agree with @Jerome.
Too bad Yoko Kanno doesn't arrange the songs ;)
But the 2 arrangers are far from being bad so I'm looking forward to it of course!
my opinion,
she is trying to change,
i mean it's not too good (for a solo singer) if too depend on a certain person for a long time,

for example, she start writing a song since "Mameshiba", and then goes to another song.. from a solo singer goes to song-writer, that's a big step..

for the music, i know Kanno's music arrangement is really good or should I say (unusual) great :D , but how long Maaya will depend on her? that's a big question..
spoony

Post by spoony »

I got a ticket for her concert! I was lucky in the ticket lottery :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well let's just see..
as much as i love maaya i don't want to see her singing "shitty" songs or songs that she actually doesn't want to sing.. Well as these are now her own songs, i couldn't see that happen ^
Doesn't mean there are plenty of that in the past though,,, especially when it's Kanno's age i think, though no one will ever know except herself (i mean for the later one from the two).
if she's happy bringing it, works for me. don't expect genius melody but who knows maybe she's also learning & improving bit by bit. Chikai was a nice example.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

kirei_lanford wrote: well let's just see..
as much as i love maaya i don't want to see her singing "shitty" songs or songs that she actually doesn't want to sing.. Well as these are now her own songs, i couldn't see that happen ^
Doesn't mean there are plenty of that in the past though,,, especially when it's Kanno's age i think, though no one will ever know except herself (i mean for the later one from the two).
if she's happy bringing it, works for me. don't expect genius melody but who knows maybe she's also learning & improving bit by bit. Chikai was a nice example.
Of course, I don't like when she sing that kind of songs, I know that is a question of tastes, but "High Touch" is an example for me, I hate that song >_< Although her two compositions are great, I like them very much.
Last edited by countdown65 on 2013-01-26 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
archtorii

Post by archtorii »

countdown65 wrote:
kirei_lanford wrote: well let's just see..
Of course, I don't like when she sing that kind of songs, I know that is a question of tastes, but "High Touch" is an example for me, I hate that song >_< Although her two compositions are great, I like them very much.
High Touch... hmmm, that was B-side for "Loop" right? well.. that's her first single without Kanno-san :D
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

archtorii wrote:
High Touch... hmmm, that was B-side for "Loop" right? well.. that's her first single without Kanno-san :D
That's right. Loop has a bright-celtic tone, while "High Touch" has a silly rock tune, well, it's just a B-side... But it's just my opinion..
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Regular and Limited Edition cover of Singer Songwriter

Larger image here:
http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/P ... ZZZZZ_.jpg

LIVE TOUR 2013 "Roots of SSW"

Musicians List:

Shin Kono (Keyboards)
Yasuo Sano (Drums)
Tomohiko Okanda (Bass)
Tsuneo Imahori (Guitar)
Kento Ohgiya (Keyboards)
Izumi Mizawa (Percussion)
Haruna (Chrorus)
Hiroko Shigezumi from SMOOTH ACE (Chrorus)

No strings ; _;
Source: Official Website

Extra: This a is photo of Hiroko Shigezumi and Kono Shin

Source: Kono Shin's Official Website

Tsuneo Imahori
He worked for Yoko Kanno, also he played the studio versions (guitar) of Magic Number, Triangler, Mameshiba, Getsuyou no Asa, Peace, Yucca, Kaze ga Fuku Hi, Orange Iro to Yubikiri , all the Lucy album and more... :D He also was the guitarrist of the Tanabota Concerts

Kento Ohgiya was the keybordist for the Live of YCCM and Mistubachi, I think..
Last edited by countdown65 on 2013-02-06 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Wow.. this is really nice :)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Aw man, I'd love to see Imahori play. He's a really great player. But I think I'll have to skip this tour...
BTW, Imahori is a composer on his own. He did OSTs for Trigun (series and the movie), Gungrave (anime and the game) and Hajime no Ippo. He also plays a lot for Taku Iwasaki.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Nicola, a song from SSW (Preview from VITAMIN M!)
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... =469982570
spoony wrote: I got a ticket for her concert! I was lucky in the ticket lottery :)
; _; so lucky
Last edited by countdown65 on 2013-02-09 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Treize

Post by Treize »

Nicola sounds very nice. I'm really excited for this. You Can't Catch Me and Driving in the silence were both a little underwhelming in my opinion, but this new album is starting off on a good note. If the rest of the songs can keep this kind of quality, this could be one of Maaya's best albums. I just hope that the songs don't sound too similar to each other and show a bit of variety.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

Treize wrote: Nicola sounds very nice. I'm really excited for this. You Can't Catch Me and Driving in the silence were both a little underwhelming in my opinion, but this new album is starting off on a good note. If the rest of the songs can keep this kind of quality, this could be one of Maaya's best albums. I just hope that the songs don't sound too similar to each other and show a bit of variety.
Absolutely right!