5th Feb 2014 - new triple A-side single

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Scoop

RE: 5th Feb 2014 - new triple A-side single

Post by Scoop »

Jérôme. wrote:
dillpops wrote: Was Kono Shin the In the Silence 2011 tour band master? I really, really liked that concert. Everything about it was gorgeous.
Yes he was.
He has been live master from We are Kazeyomi until In the Silence, and I think they've changed staff for Mitsubashi, and that is why there is no more string section in the new concert. I miss those.
Shin is the band master for Roots of SSW but there's no strings there so it's not that. Sure it would be cool to have a quartet there every time but realistically it's just not worth it. In the silence tour probably made zero profit for all the small venues and ridiculous production values. It's a business afterall, I don't think any band members play for free nor does any of the stage/production staff. I don't mind it personally, I'm more interested in how well the audio is mixed on the bluray. And the 5.1 track on the countdown 2012 -> 2013 bluray is just unbelievable. It's amazing.

Well that was a bit off topic in this thread, let's get back to the single. I was wondering couple of days ago before I had watched the PV for 'Be Mine!' why it has so many views on youtube in such a short time. I watched it finally today and I see it now. :D Those legs! She's such a tease haha. I'm pretty sure that video is linked on some japanese ero blog. Not fan of her hair or makeup (or lack of it?) but them legs look great and there's a lot of those shots :D

I like SAVED more though as a song. I can actually hear what she is singing unlike Be mine where it's so fast I couldn't even follow the japanese lyrics. Koe is ok.

The live CD is nice. Grapefruits and Park Amsterdam are great songs. Both end too soon though.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Received mine !
Saved. is quite good, I like it.
Be mine! is definitly from the same guy as Buddy... and I definitly don't like the way he arrange songs.. I hope Maaya will not work to much with him :/
Koe is really nice, even if I prefered the giberrish version ;)

Live is good, even if I expected more material from SSW. Of course I'm happy to have more kanno songs recorded live, but I was surprised of this choice.

In overall, it is quite a good single, even if it is not the best Maaya release ever.
Scoop wrote: In the silence tour probably made zero profit for all the small venues and ridiculous production values.
5 sold out shows in the same venue cannot make zero profit. Or this mean the producer is REALLY bad :)
Last edited by Jérôme. on 2014-03-13 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Jérôme. wrote: 5 sold out shows in the same venue cannot make zero profit. Or this mean the producer is REALLY bad :)
But those venues were so small. Maybe 2000 max? I didn't mean literally zero profit, but not a lot :) But I don't know if those people work there backstage on a monthly wage or how the income is shared between everyone involved so hard to say.

Be Mine! became to most viewed PV clip on maaya's youtube channel in less than 3 months and quite a lot of views for her!

This place is awfully quiet when there's no maaya news. She should be releasing something constantly to keep it alive here! :D
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

I like SAVED. over Be mine! and Koe is good, but I agree with Jerome, I prefer the Secrear Ver. too...

The artwork is okay, much better than Hajimari no Umi lol.

I like the Live Mini Album, although a part 1 and part 2 like she did with Buddy and Okaeri would be great.

As I said on the podcast (Vol. 2.5), maybe Maaya should have released the single like this, I think It's more profitable:

for SAVED.
01. SAVED.
02. Koe
03. Be mine! (Acoustic)
04-06. Instrumentals

for Be mine!
01. Be mine!
02. Secrear
03. SAVED. (Acoustic)
04-06. Instrumentals

Live CDs with 18 songs (9 in each CD)

But well.. And a Roots of SSW photobook would be awesome!
Last edited by countdown65 on 2014-03-16 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

countdown65 wrote: I like SAVED. over Be mine! and Koe is good, but I agree with Jerome, I prefer the Secrear Ver. too...

The artwork is okay, much better than Hajimari no Umi lol.

I like the Live Mini Album, although a part 1 and part 2 like she did with Buddy and Okaeri would be great.

As I said on the podcast (Vol. 2.5), maybe Maaya should have released the single like this, I think It's more profitable:

for SAVED.
01. SAVED.
02. Koe
03. Be mine! (Acoustic)
04-06. Instrumentals

for Be mine!
01. Be mine!
02. Secrear
03. SAVED. (Acoustic)
04-06. Instrumentals

Live CDs with 18 songs (9 in each CD)

But well.. And a Roots of SSW photobook would be awesome!
By artwork you mean the covers and Maaya's looks? I'd have to disagree heavily if so. Hajimari no Umi Maaya had the almost perfect hair! (and nothing else matters haha)

That idea of splitting be mine and saved on different versions of a single would be a bit too much. I hope such a thing never happens :D There's a limit to greed.
Last edited by Scoop on 2014-03-16 19:17, edited 1 time in total.