New Single: Shiawase ni Tsuite Watashi ga Shitteiru Itsutsu no Houhou / Shikisai

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
yf19-sama

RE: New Single: Shiawase ni Tsuite Watashi ga Shitteiru Itsutsu no Houhou / Shikisai

Post by yf19-sama »

Taking as reference her work done in the YK era I found this new release disappointing once again.
Its true that the melody is catchy but it does not make it good to my ears anyway (I am excluding the vocal performance on itself).

She seem to enjoy trying new things at the detriment of quality focus and probably nobody in her surrounding workmates give her the constructive critics she should hear to adjust that.
Jérôme.

RE: New Single: Shiawase ni Tsuite Watashi ga Shitteiru Itsutsu no Houhou / Shikisai

Post by Jérôme. »

It is difficult for me to agree with what you said and what you imply. :s
Tastes are not universal and so the quality focus for someone can be very disapointing for someone else. I'm quite sure every single notes of the song were well thinked, especially just before her carreer 20th anniversary. :cool:

OK I said this song was not for me. But this doesn't mean I reject all of her work since the Kanno era. It's been 10 years this era is over, and there were real master piece on all her album since. Of course I loved the Kanno era, but there are some songs I still don't like that much.

What I'm trying to say is that IMHO this is not a good habit to always compare a new release to the Kanno era. If for you, Maaya is just the one from the Kanno era, then I'm afraid this is normal you'd be disapointed each time, as this era is long gone and would doubtly come back.

What I'm trying to say (bis :D ) is that I understand this song is not appealing for you (and I even do agree), but I feel the argumentation about the Kanno era is not an appropriate one, as it is reductive for her last 10 years.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

(Ive been writing/deleting my long comments on this one.. its been 20 minutes lol)

Well, to be honest.. you need to actually watch some Animes that she was working on with. Like Evangelion (the new movies 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33) or the Garden of Sinners and so forth. I've known her from the anime route, and it has always been like that. Try spending time on other things, then you'll understand why the music becomes like this today.

Even Yuho also writes for Anime songs, I watched most already, and got a pretty good idea why she writes like this today. You can visit her main site, she has a database of songs. But if by recommendation, I'd go with Kokoro Library anime series.

Still pending to watch is the: Eden of the East (as per School Food Punishment, not sure if Maaya watched that series yet, but we can recommend to her, seems good)

Ps, I do watch the anime which Kanno makes music for, like ghost in the shell and others too.. :P
Last edited by Imurann on 2015-01-08 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
jason

Post by jason »

Audio clips all the songs are on flying dogs web site...

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/D ... 35199.html

Think I like 3rd track the most so far. Simple melody that accentuates Maaya's beautiful voice. :)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

jason wrote: Audio clips all the songs are on flying dogs web site...

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/D ... 35199.html

Think I like 3rd track the most so far. Simple melody that accentuates Maaya's beautiful voice. :)
The B-side is great! It sounds lovely!
Kent Ohgiya did a great job so far!
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

They're all quite different and sound good to me. Can't wait for the full and HD versions in a few weeks!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

君の好きな人

美しいの声...

Arigatou, Maaya nee :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
sachia

Post by sachia »

i love the b-side tracks!!!!!! can't wait for the single to come out!!!!
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/ ... ge=English

I was stunned a bit after seeing the Anime Koffuku Grafitti op..

LEL, its for girls.. nanjaaaa kore waa..

I will try to watch one episode first.. but still.. my shoujouness just ain't there anymore XD
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

Imurann wrote: http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/ ... ge=English

I was stunned a bit after seeing the Anime Koffuku Grafitti op..

LEL, its for girls.. nanjaaaa kore waa..

I will try to watch one episode first.. but still.. my shoujouness just ain't there anymore XD
Just watched the opening, and the song is maybe as colored as this anime, but I think the song is too "awesome" compared to the anime. I would have expected a very dynamic opening cause the music is very speedy but the opening is slow and almost static some times.

I'm liking this song more and more and as usual cannot wait for the full version. Maaya sings very seriously (she does not use a childish voice, that's for the best, I don't care about the anime ^^). Her voice has a beautiful render (I say this because sometimes she does not do good recordings), but it is just a little bit high during alllll the refrain, Rasmus should have tried to use a little more low keys in the melody maybe. Seriously, my throat almost hurts when I listen to it, it's like Triangler again ^^

On the other hand, the video clip matches the song way better, and that's a good thing. Speaking of that, they keep getting better and better each year, I'm very happy about them.
BluWacky

Post by BluWacky »

Imurann wrote: LEL, its for girls.. nanjaaaa kore waa..
Koufuku Graffiti is not targeted at girls. Although the main characters are, indeed, high school girls, the premise of the show is that they cook food and then eat it like they're having sex. It's very definitely aimed at teenage boys and otaku :p
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

BluWacky wrote:
Imurann wrote: LEL, its for girls.. nanjaaaa kore waa..
Koufuku Graffiti is not targeted at girls. Although the main characters are, indeed, high school girls, the premise of the show is that they cook food and then eat it like they're having sex. It's very definitely aimed at teenage boys and otaku :p
still.. nanjaaaa kore waa.. XD
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Well done Maaya, I'm really impressed this time. Her lyrical skill has improved so much, she was more direct with her feelings this time. It feels good too :)
Last edited by Imurann on 2015-01-28 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
A.Shinohara

Post by A.Shinohara »

Holy ..., this's probably the first time for me since Gravity and Shimashima (spell?) or Tune the Rainbow and Gardens of Everything (Gosh, how long) that I enjoy every songs in a great deal for the same single.

btw, glad to see some love here for that Fate/Grand Oder theme song. :P

Perhaps more thoughts later though. I'm so busy right now.
Last edited by A.Shinohara on 2015-01-26 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Shikisai Section
==================
Currently in the internet, there is 2 different translations been made

Thaerin: http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/ ... ge=English
Bambooxzx: https://bambooxzx.wordpress.com/2015/01 ... -shikisai/

Currently, I've been looping Shikisai almost all day/night.. not sure when it will end though.. the "Kimi no Suki na Hito" song needs a love mood.. which I'm not on right now.. see how, sometimes weekends can be lonely, and probably the love mood kicks in. lyrical translators emotions also changes from one another, and it also changes.. its not like translating a normal conversations. certain good translators can dig really deep, and I really respect them. For example, a genius whom translates SFP / Yumi Uchimura songs, I like the way he/she thinks. (https://bambooxzx.wordpress.com)

Update:
I seem to find the genius also have made a translation for Maaya's song, and I like how she used the word 'reprimanding' in her translations. Maybe my writer instincts tells me its a her.. well I could be wrong.. lel

Update 02 Feb 2015

Ok here is a mobile android/iphone friendly version of my own song interpretation/translations
Mine: https://sites.google.com/site/purarinep ... s/shikisai

* I have added side notes to understand the song better, thank you for reading
* version 1.0 Shikisai
Last edited by Imurann on 2015-02-02 03:08, edited 1 time in total.