Boyfriends and girlfriends

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

[quote="Bazaa"]Anyway, just wanted to say that I might be falling in love again right now ^^;[/quote]

Ahhh, how cute. ^o^ Sounds like you're having some exciting days now? ^.^;

Hmm... I'm sure I've mentioned my boyfriend somewhere in this forum, but apparently not in this thread, so to sum it up - he's US-American while I'm here in Austria, which makes ours a very-long-distance relationship ^.^; All is fine and well (and has been so for two years now) save for our totally different characters (I can hear you say "uh-oh" ^.^; ). I remember that when I met him (in order to show him around in Vienna), I had lost all insecurities about not having a boyfriend or being in love (I was 19 then), so I could be sure that I didn't want him as my boyfriend in order to be able to say "I have one, look! Brand-new!" ;p Well, that and the Mad Tornado Of Rabid Butterflies in my stomach made me stumble into the whole thing (after like 3 days of knowing him?). Now, the only thing that bugs me is our philosophical differences, which is possibly an odd cause for quarrels in love relationships. Oh, and one other bad thing that occurred was that a good internet friend (she had sent him via Vienna on his Europe trip) had had a crush on him - I knew that, but decided that I wouldn't ditch my very first occasion of falling in love for her, and that she would understand. She didn't, and gave me a terribly hard time for 1 1/2 years, until even stubborn Me ended the friendship.

@charp: sometimes it seems a little like "getting the short end of the stick" is more a self-fulfilling prophecy. Also, no doubt men feel hurt and get ditched, too (I have a very whiny friend ^.^; ).

I used to be the light of every party when I was younger, but now that I have to go out and pick my friends myself, I choose many things over them, like my studies for example, or just being alone. That made my self-confidence suffer a little (my voice is a little more quiet now, for example) because I just can't use my (actually very good) social skills all the time. On the other hand, people make me tired. So... I need to find a better balance, and also people I can see more often and would like to see more often.

I wouldn't confess my feelings to my best friend because he's also the person who buys some of the Manga I love. ;p Seriously, though, I don't think I could ever love him, even though he is the greatest guy I have ever met, in every respect.

Omigosh, sorry for the long post!
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

[quote="Noinini"][quote="Bazaa"]Anyway, just wanted to say that I might be falling in love again right now ^^;[/quote]

Ahhh, how cute. ^o^ Sounds like you're having some exciting days now? ^.^;[/quote]

It depends of your view of exciting XD I'm still very afraid of that one sided thing happening again ^^;; Anyway, the guy is in my class only this year, but we're starting to talk a bit. He's almost as hyper as me X'D

And having diferent points of view can be refreshing, I think. But well, I'm lifeless, therefore, I have no experience. Olé :neko:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

\o/ Good luck Bazaa! I wish you to be happy :3

About falling in love, it has not been happening to me for a long time. It's easy for me to have a crush on somebody, but even that is difficult for me actually. :roll:

I think I'm getting older XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

This is really irritating; I like two guys. One already has a girlfriend and the other my friend likes. So I am technically in a position for neither. Damn. Life sucks really. They're so nice too >_<
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Since we're all sharing... *laughs* I've realized that, after thinking my crush on him was long gone, I'm still pretty gone for one of my male friends (my best male friend actually... which isn't saying much, and I'm probably not his best female friend, so it doesn't really matter). Anyway.... it really sucks. I'm filled with the strongest urge to tell him how I feel but I'm so petrified that he'll turn me down/it'll make things awkward between us. I've never been able to confess to anyone how I feel... I'm such a wimp! agghhaghaghh

I wonder if Maaya's good at telling people she likes how she feels? >.>
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't think anyone is, unfortunately >_< as for making the jump from the friends ladder to the boyfriend/girlfriend ladder I have to say I have no idea. Two guys tried to jump from being my friends to boyfriends at the same time and I knocked them both into the abyss.

What was good is that even though the awkwardness takes a while to go (at least four months in my case) I'm back to being good friends with both. It won't last forever.

I don't know what to advise though since I have no experience...
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="frecklegirl"]I'm filled with the strongest urge to tell him how I feel but I'm so petrified that he'll turn me down/it'll make things awkward between us.[/quote]
Come on, be brave! Maybe he will turn you down... or maybe not. You have something to loose but a great thing to win. If you don't tell him about your heart, you can regret for a long long time.
But even if he doesn't love you, your feeling is important and doesn't deserve to be hide. He must be proud to be loved.

Good luck! :wink:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Tenson"] He must be proud to be loved.[/quote]

That is so nice :)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Pillow fight. Remember the pillow fight technique!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well...um...my heart got torn out, ripped up, stamped on, ground into a paste and smeared on a wall last night.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"]Well...um...my heart got torn out, ripped up, stamped on, ground into a paste and smeared on a wall last night.[/quote]

Aieee, what happened??
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

@dillpops: Well, er... at least you didn't lose your sense of humour along the way? ^.^;
I hope it wasn't all -that- bad, though. T__T

@frecklegirl: confessing is terribly embarrassing, I'm glad I only had to go through it once (famously saying "I think my sickness may be called lovesickness"... no, I didn't puke)! So, I understand your reservations. However, I think you might have an inkling of how that guy feels now, anyways - I mean, it's not as if he can totally hide it, right? So if you feel anything like that, go and snatch him (mwa ha ha?). If not... no idea. ^.^;
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

He told my friend to told me that he didn't feel the same. He didn't want to tell me in person ^^;;;;;;;;;; so now I know. And I think I can move on now.
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Oh God.... I'm sorry for that, Dilly. I think he could had, at least, said it to you... YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Remember, there's more guys than girls in the world, so at least you have lots to search :neko: (Oh my, I think my grammar is getting worse...)[/size]
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't mind anymore because:

a) we are back to being friends
b) I have found someone new

This new boy I met on Saturday. He is Japanese - and he looks like a pop star and is lovely! There is maybe...a language difficulty ^^;;; but he is learning english and I am learning Japanese so we try and try to talk. His friend thinks we should go out - and at a party he kept making us cuddle for photos etc.

I don't mind but I hope he's not being forced into something 0_o like me...scary

He's so cute though!