Mikuni Shimokawa

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Mikuni Shimokawa

Post by Kaimugen »

out of curiosity has anyone else heard Mikuni's version of Yakusoku wa iranai? i have some Mikuni discs, mainly cos i like her Full Metal Panic songs but her cover of Yakusoku wa iranai made me cringe and skip the track. anyone want to offer any opinions?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I've heard that version and I didnt think it was even remotely bad. I'm a huge Maaya fan, but I'm also a huge Mikuni fan. I first heard about her from Full Metal Panic.

I recently came across her cover album or whatever it is that has a bunch of old anime themes that she remade. I really like Tamashii no Rufuran (as it was one of my favorite songs several years ago) but I do like the original version better. Mikuni's version is pretty unique tho, so I like it too ^__^
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I think it must just be my taste, the vocals were ok but the techno style was too strange, I have been spoiled by Yoko Kanno's compositions. The pics of her on that album are really cute, especially the cover (meganeko kawaii!), but I think her first cover album "Reveiw" was much better. She did great versions of Zankoku na tenshi na teeze, Rinbu-revolution, and Kujikenaikara. My favourite Mikuni album is still "kimi no uta" and I love Sore ga ai deshou, Kimini fuku kaze and Arekara-soshite ima. Mikuni is fun to listen to, her voice transmits a lot of energy, but she doesn't seem as strong and deep lyrically and vocally as Maaya sama. Somewhere on the net Mikuni has been described as Maaya Sakamoto lite! :P
Kem

Post by Kem »

I've heard it!! I kinda liked it. The techno-ish-ness was weird at first, but it sort of grew on me.
I like cereal.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

im not a fan of disco or techno songs, so i dislike her anime mix album or whatever it name is, yet i like miku's original albums.. Her voice is, just everybody said light but sometimes energetic and so is the music. like kimi ni fuku kaze shows her mature tone, and i like the "santana-like" guitar :P

anyway tamashii no rufuran is also one of the greatest song perhaps in evangelion days and also ai yo kienaide for city hunter. Im pretty much dissappointed hearing the disco versiond and hearing those version would make me to skip the songs andhear the original version instead :roll:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

its a waste of talent really, she can write beautiful songs if she wants, 'sore ga ai deshou' and 'are kara ~soshite ima' are fantastic. does 'kimini fuku kaze' sound mature to you? its incredibly cute, this is the end song for fumoffu, 'sore ga aideshou' is the opening.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yea but it definitely has a more low pitchs unlike many of her early works. i mean if you compare song such as moshi mo negai ga warau naraba if im no mistaken and compare with kimi ni fuku kaze it pretty much different :evil:

o yea and i love hearing minamikaze.. its opening violin/ violin sounded sound at the beginning makes me want to hear it more and more!! :roll:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

i love all the Full Metal Panic songs but especially from Fumoffu. what d you think of 'are kara~soshite ima', the full length version? i was quite impressed with Mikuni, she wrote the lyrics to that and 'sore ga ai deshou'. they were lovely eloquent lyrics.

Mikuni is releasing a new album but still all covers of old anime songs, i hope its worth it. just wish she would release her own stuff.

btw what did you think of the second raid anyway? i was surprised how dark it was after fumoffu. i felt quite sorry for Sosuke and Kaname, but i really wanted to see more of Oren (i got a crush on her).
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I wouldn't say her covers are that bad. "Yume kounen" is probably one of my favorite songs.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

do i sound a little harsh? i dont mean to. i really liked her covers of 'rinbu revolution', 'kujikenaikara', 'omoide ga ippai' and 'ai, oboete imasuka' from her first covers album. to be honest i love Mikuni as much as i love Maaya, it would just be nice for her to release a original album. her past 2 albums have been covers and remix albums.
a neat thing on her homepage was a list of her songs ranked by visitors to the site, her 'zankuko na tenshi na teeze' cover is no1!, 'sore ga ai deshou' is a distant 3rd place.

Edit: just got Mikunis new NapsaQ album. it contains fan requested covers and a cople of new songs by Mikuni. the good news is she seems to have given up on the 'techno sounds good with everything' idea. its a bit of a average album though, only the most diehard fan would feel that they missed out if they dont get NapsaQ. she sounds good and i quite like 'ai wo tomenaide', 'kanashikute yari kirenai' and 'friends', her new songs are pretty good as well.

Note: i also got Sakura Nogawa's album. good grief! her voice is cute! really sweet sounding. reminds me a bit of Megumi Hayashibara. i think you could get cavities in your teeth from listening to her voice! so if there are any Nogawa fans out there, go see a dentist now!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

can someone here do me afavor...
i want a list of miku's new singles. the last one i heve from her is minamikaze, and that's million years back..
i would really appreciate that since it's a little bit hard to find complete info about those and i can read kanji at all :?
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mikuni hasnt released any other singles that I know of since Minami Kaze. She has released three albums since then though: 1. 'Singles and Movies' (just a compilation album and bonus dvd), 2. 'Remember', 3. 'NapsaQ' ( I just got this one a month ago, quite nice really 7/10) and thas about it. She is releasing a new single 'Bird' in March, I pre ordered it along with 'Universe' :D Have you been to her site? http://www.love392.net/main.html

Do you want a song list from the albums?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

that would be nice...
and i still blind to kanji,,

3 albums and no singles.. that's odd for japanese artists

yes i know that one. myb ill look around
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Yeah it looks like she took a bit of a break. So here is a track list from the 3 albums since minami kaze (any errors are my fault, my kanji stinks). :D

Singles and Movies:
1. believer, 2. adorenarin, 3. if- moshimo negai ga kanau nara, 4. 2000express, 5. surrender, 6. naked, 7. alone, 8. tomorrow, 9. karenai hana, 10. true, 11. tatta hitotsu no, 12. all the way, 13. sore ga ai deshou, 14. kimini fuku kaze, 15. kanashimini makenaide, 16. kohaku, 17. hatsukoi no kimi (btw I really like this one)

Remember:
1. tamashi no rufuran, 2. mizu no hoshi ni ai wo komete, 3. kanashimi yo konnichiwa, 4. negai koto hitotsudake, 5. yakusoku wa iranai, 6. sakurasaku, 7. Be my angel, 8. condition green, 9. geki! teikoku kageki-dan, 10. tacchi, 11. City Hunter- ai yo tomenaide, 12. yuzurenai negai, 13. ameni kissu no hanataba wo, 14. medley featuring zankoku na tenshi na teeze, rinbu-revolution, kujikenaikara, ai oboete imasuka, eternal wind-hohoemi wa hikaru kaze no naka.

NapsaQ:
1. kanna 8 gosen, 2. ai wo tomenaide, 3. M, 4. eki, 5. seishun no kage, 6. kanashikute yari kirenai, 7. anata ni aete yokatta, 8. totsuzen no okurimono, 9. furenzu, 10. omoide ga ippai, 11. PicniQ, 12. oyasumi

The fan favorites voting list on Mikuni's site is quite cool too.
MoogleGoogle

Post by MoogleGoogle »

"Remember" was rather disappointing. Not only could they have selected better songs imo but they could and should have made better and more varied arrangements. "Yakusoku" is pretty okay when compared to the rest of the album imo though it doesn't sound better as the original. I somewhat enjoy the first five tracks but after that it's just plain boring. My favorite cover from the album is probably "Negai goto hitotsu dake". :)

I've only listened to some samples of the napsaQ album but quite frankly I was expecting something a bit more interesting. Well okay I probably shouldn't base my opinions on just mere samples but it could have sounded better. Being an Akina Nakamori fan I was really interested on hearing how they covered "Eki" but the carefree sound kinda disappointed me. :(

But I still love Mikuni's voice and she's had some great songs in the past. I want a new Mikuni album! >.<