Create a download site for Maaya's song

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I couldn't be bothered, they weren't ones I was super bothered about. I've had a cracked CD from CDjapan but since that was a rare one which took them 6 months to get in stock I took it as it came. Yesasia do have good customer service, I've know people to get replacements etc.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

dillpops wrote:I'm surprised you use Amazon, it's so very expensive :cry: although it is a very easy service to use. Um, what are your payment limitations?
Wellllll, use is said to much regarding this ^^ But Amazon is nearly the only place where I can get Terry Pratchett on english - or at least the cheapest :D
And no credit card. I would get one, but it costs and I dont want one.

@kirei_lanford: No work (My parents both too btw.). Around here the unemployment is officially around 20%. In real, it is around 1/3.
Escaflowne remastered collectors edition is $280
I got a "normal" DVD-edition for 6x25 Euro. (25 is the normal price for 4-episode DVDs in Germany) And three years later two of the DVD cannot be read und one seems to follow now. (It gets another color). I copied it but it is *$§$%&*
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Japan is New Zealand's closest neighbour apart from Australia so it's cheaper to get stuff here..Australia has a pretty big Japanese community and so does NZ so I can find quite a few CDs here, for example the other day I was in Cash Converters and picked up a few Utada Hikaru singles. Woo.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

There is plenty of Japanese people down here too. But NO ONE knows who Maaya is, they ask what music I like and when I answer I get blank stares. Most don't even know who Kanno is!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

My friends from Japan don't know who Kanno or Sakamoto are...uh that's because they all LOVE R&B. Seriously. Everybody seems to like crappy ballads and Mariah Carey.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

japan had known mariah since i'm still in elementary perhaps,, but for r&b,, as what happen in america, had just influenced japan from late 90-ss,,

@dilly
ur not from a rich family?? come on so how could u came to japan?? o yea.. i thought i remember u gain it via scholarship right.. ^^' Anyway does the phrase "going to japan" mean a lot for u guys in the west?? for me unless i get a scholarship or a job there there's no way i could go there i.e to spend vacation ><
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Even Japanese anime fans I've spoken to don't know Kanno, most of them were Ghibli loving girls though. Funny, we were discussing Ghibli and I said I liked Nausicaa and was told I was definitely a otaku, only otaku like Nausicaa, I cracked up.
Sad that such talent can go relatively unrecognised in their native country in favour of mostly average Jpop.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]
@dilly
ur not from a rich family?? come on so how could u came to japan?? o yea.. i thought i remember u gain it via scholarship right.. ^^' Anyway does the phrase "going to japan" mean a lot for u guys in the west?? for me unless i get a scholarship or a job there there's no way i could go there i.e to spend vacation ><[/quote]

Loads of my friends aren't rich. japan isnt as expensive to live in as people imagine. But I think thats in comparison to England. And I also live in a small town right at the bottom (very far from tokyo) so it's less expensive. The expensive part is travelling to Japan, plane tickets etc.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I dont know about you guys but since the age of the internet has come, I never did bought any piece of audio/video material, unless if it's easy to get (in shops nearby) or the price meets our budget limit and needs.

About that download site thingy, I think an old maaya fan done one site of his, but it disappeared along together with the owner. Perhaps he graduated already? That I dont know, but I had to thank him for the years he place up the stuffs since we cant get the materials here in remote areas of our country.

Yeah, to be sarcastic, I'm not buying any j-pop craps unless it is from Yoko Kanno / Miki Imai or Maaya's. Hopefully during a big sale where the price is cut off tremendously, lol.

I do find audio like utada hikaru or the top-5 artists of japan, but nah, I dont like them :P meh never also support my own country's music industry cause they still lack many things in song or even song writings.

btw, not to be rude but I think Maaya's songs are easy to find. And yes, she is that damn popular now, compared to the last 10 years ago. I bet anyone on IRC now shares her songs, since it's in their distro especially if he's an anime-phile.

good artist never bothered about p2p issues, it's a sort of advertisement as well as PR. things just gets better from time to time. people will buy her dvd cause of the high-quality audio rate, as well as the merchandise that's personally from her/ her manager's table-scratch. buy what you like, that's honest business :D
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
oamichano

Post by oamichano »

Dunno about the rest of you, but I've loved Maaya for something like 8 years, and I still also love all the mainstream "crap" you guys are talking about. Like the Johnny's boybands and the Koda Kumis and the Otsuka Ais. And yes, I've purchased CDs from all of the above. :)

I can like mainstream pop if it's well written, catchy mainstream pop.

To each their own, I guess.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Not everyone here thinks like that ^^;;; I might not be a Johnny's fan but I cuddle my Morning Musume cd's at night :P I'm not a Koda Kumi fan but Otsuka Ai is my goddess. There was a reason I saw her in concert!
I'm not buying any j-pop craps unless it is from Yoko Kanno / Miki Imai or Maaya's.
I'm pretty sure this quote was refering to japanese music in general. A lot of people dislike J-pop apart from one or two exceptions. Wouldn't take it personally :wink:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Yosh, I got my hands on the FLAC of Maaya's clamp in wonderland XD

Action!, by Maaya chan :P

oh yeah!
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
tattoosonthesky

Post by tattoosonthesky »

For me, if it wasn't for Maaya, I would have never expanded into mainstream. Mainstream music is so much easier to get. Maaya's stuff is hard, because there are VERY few Maaya fans that I know personally. I know this one guy in my personal life who is an Ayumi Hamasaki fan (and I happen to hate her!) and hates Maaya, which was so completely shocking to me that someone actually hates Maaya.

In any case, Maaya is amazing and forever will be. However, I've been listening to Hikaru Utada, Kumi Koda, Namie Amuro, KAT-TUN, BoA, Do As Infinity, and Tomiko Van a hell of a lot more than Maaya in recent years.