Post by Merri »

Full forum languages:

- English
- Finnish
- French
- German
- Korean
- Spanish

Incomplete languages: (attachment mod in English)

- Japanese
- Portuguese

Languages I'm able to add by myself:
- http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php (phpBB)
- http://www.opentools.de/board/viewforum.php?f=26 (attachment related)

Update Finnish added
Update Portuguese added
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

wow that's cool, those are great! woo
chibiNekomancer

Lenguajes

Post by chibiNekomancer »

:? Oye, eso significa que voy a poder agregar mensajes en espa
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

That's actually the reason why I'm _against_ the flags. You can talk some language even if you don't live in a country where it is the main language. And countries can be multilingual. There is no language which has a flag. Have you seen a flag of latin for example? ;)

AND I GOTTA CHANGE THE SMILIES! I hate these -_- Luckily I can turn them off...

Btw, how we're going to do the multilanguage in the forum? Should users just put the language they will use in the topic or should we just have a forum for most of the other languages? Or will we just wait there will be enough people to do the room separation?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

wait till there's enough people to split the forums. I think if we don't use the flags we can do like at http://www.yesasia.com where they have the buttons for the languages eg. : english, francais, espangnol etc. and you just click on your language where the flags were in the original design?
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="Merri"]Btw, how we're going to do the multilanguage in the forum? Should users just put the language they will use in the topic or should we just have a forum for most of the other languages? Or will we just wait there will be enough people to do the room separation?[/quote]

I think that if there were a single language in the forum that could be English, because almost everybody can speak it and the forum could be accesible for a lot of people around the world. But those people around the world who don't speak English couldn't participate.
On the other hand, I think that if the forum splits, people will loose interestings topics or information opened in other languages.
I'm not sure what option is better or is worse :? , but I don't feel unconfortable with the current way.
I think that multilanguage topics are the worst option. A person could only understand a few post and others not. I think it will be a little botch-up.

I also think that wait until there will be enough people in one specific language is the best option. Btw, what amount of people can be considered enough for make a language split? 10? 25? 50? 100? 100.000.000? pi?

regards to everyone!!
niobie

Post by niobie »

Hi there!
I don't know if u're r interested, but me and bazaa would like to help u translating the site to portuguese (portugal). There lots of fans of maaya here in portugal but but few pages about her in portuguese so we would like to help portuguese fans.
If u'r interested just say so.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Of course we're interested :) Take a look at the "Translations please" topic, you can find some files to translate there.
Azusa

Post by Azusa »

hi everyone! long time ^^..

hey! I think that maayas.net is more important to traslate than our "forum".. because it's not difficult and have a basic English...

grettings to all.... I miss our Maaya Community :cry:

hey Chibi! ac
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I included the language to the forum so the visitors can se Portuguese to their default language that way, so they automatically see pages in it instead of English (except if &flang=something is in the url, that'll force other language).

Anyways, it is great you have interest :)
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Do you already have someone translating the forum into German? If not, then I could get it done. ^_^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

No, I don't think german is being done by anyone. Go ahead :maayagrin:
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

The forum is possible to set in German (as can be seen in the first message of this topic), but the site system isn't available in German at the moment.
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Which is sort of all the same to me...? (<--- internet idiot) In any case, I'll go to that other thread and do some translations - soon, I hope (busy, though, so yah, it might take a while).
KennithPowers

RE: Languages!

Post by KennithPowers »

I don't think the German is by anyone...

----------------------
walt disney's 100 years of magic 164 discs dvd boxset
elvis special edition dvd